2021 Ship Deployment

sidari

On 11/25/2019 at 2:22 PM, researchfreak90 said:

Anybody know when MSC will release the itineraries for Med Summer 2021? I see Seashore released but nothing else yet.

I am waiting for this too.

Whoever finds out or sees it posted, please report here.  🙂Would love to start planning our first European cruises.

27 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Great!  Thank you!  

Now I just have to decide if I want to book this week or wait until next month and book while on Meraviglia...

That was my original thought, but in my pure excitement I booked Grandiosa out of Civitavecchia 8/18/21! Lots of research to do!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, floridian1 said:

im waiting for summer 2021.I only see the Virtuosa ship through April 2021

Med cruises are out for 2021.  There are 64 itineraries just for June 2021.  See below.  If you don’t see them, you may need to clear your history in your browser.  We are looking at booking Orchestra for one week, and Grandiosa for another week.

Hope your search works this time. 🙂

D476FC1F-D7EF-48AD-B9B4-D9BCA00FBB55.thumb.jpeg.7d1ab500049261ef3ba6d8fdb8faa01d.jpeg

It looks like only the FANTASIA has released for Greek Isles. 

Is it normal that you can start the cruise at just about any port? We're looking at June 2021 and It looks like the ship is on a rolling itinerary 10 day itinerary that you can join in just about any port. 

7 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

It looks like only the FANTASIA has released for Greek Isles. 

Is it normal that you can start the cruise at just about any port? We're looking at June 2021 and It looks like the ship is on a rolling itinerary 10 day itinerary that you can join in just about any port. 

That's how MSC works in the Mediterranean.

It's a good approach for people whose vacation timing is constrained:  if you find an itinerary you like, that ship will be repeating it all summer so whenever you're free you're good to go.  It's not so good for people who would like some variation in ports – but ships this size are limited in where they can dock anyway.  I hope MSC's proposed Luxury Class ships will have a completely different itinerary philosophy. 

On 11/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, teacher/bartender said:

I am wishing and hoping that MSC will cruise to Alaska at some point. I’d love a west coast cruise! 

MSC is looking to partner with Royal and Carnival for use of Seattle's new cruise port coming in 2023 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 11:41 AM, teacher/bartender said:

I am wishing and hoping that MSC will cruise to Alaska at some point. I’d love a west coast cruise! 

They don't have a license for Glacier Bay, which is the best of the best part of Alaska cruises.  And the size of their ships would overwhelm all the ports in Alaska [which of course many current ship calls already do].  If you really want to experience Alaska, seek out a small-ship cruise that can really explore the scenic channels and unusual port stops.

RF ... I had been told that Seashore will replace Seaside for Winter 21, I have since also heard that it may be headed to Dubai! but with MSC who really knows, advance port schedules cannot be relied upon as they are booked so far in advance so it will be a case of wait and see when the winter itineraries for 21 are published.

• 1 month later...

So we finally booked 2021 Northern Europe on Virtuosa with two segments b2b.  US website didn't show any of the b2b as an option to book as one trip yet when TA contacted MSC that is how it got booked.  Are people in other countries seeing option to book summer 2021 two segments as one trip?  Thought it was a bit odd.

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

So we finally booked 2021 Northern Europe on Virtuosa with two segments b2b.  US website didn't show any of the b2b as an option to book as one trip yet when TA contacted MSC that is how it got booked.  Are people in other countries seeing option to book summer 2021 two segments as one trip?  Thought it was a bit odd.

MSC USA website:

- Northern Europe

- MSC Virtuosa

- Kiel, Germany to Kiel, Germany

- 15 Days / 14 Nights (b2b Denmark/Norway

and Finland/Russia/Estonia)

- Dates: May 08, May 15, May 22, Jul 03, Jul 31

It’s technically not considered ‘b2b’ since it is one booking , one itinerary and the same

stateroom. These itineraries are usually cheaper than 2 separate bookings (traditional b2b).