Back to Back out of Southampton

JAN2321

I have read that in the USA you have to leave the ship and go through security again between the back to back cruises.  Do you have to do this in Southampton or do the UK have different rules?  We hoped just to use the ship and not leave in between cruises.  We are changing cabins so obviously will not be in our cabins as we know they will need to clean etc but will find somewhere on board to hang out until our new cabin is ready.  This is our first back to back and so are not sure what really happens - any tips will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

We did a b2b out of Southampton in June on the Sapphire Princess.  We did not have to get off the ship or even congregate in a particular location during the switch.  We just stayed in our cabin. You do not have to do the safety briefing again.  You will get a note in your stateroom for the transition day. 

Wow! Some of my favorite pubs are in Southampton (Duke of Wellington, Red Lion, Titanic, etc). I can't imagine not leaving the ship. We will be doing a B2B in August/September on the Crown Princess. First off, last on.