Three Star/Dining Discounts

BaltimoreCruise

The Mariner benefits chart indicates a $25% discount for specialty dining.  I have read on CC in the past that we can bring people with us and pay for the table and receive the discount for all.  We are cruising with friends in Feb and thought specialty dining would make a good holiday gift.  If the discount for the table is not correct, can you let me know?

Secondly, there is a Distinctive Dining Package online that includes the three restaurants we intend to give as a gift.  It is my understanding that in order to receive our Mariner discount for dining, that we have to be on the ship to purchase and not pre-purchase prior to the cruise.  Is this correct?  Does anyone know if the Distinctive Dining Package is available for purchase on the ship and would the Mariner discount apply if we purchase when we board?

Thank you for your insight.

BaltimoreCruise

22 minutes ago, BaltimoreCruise said:

I have read on CC in the past that we can bring people with us and pay for the table and receive the discount for all. 

It seems to depend on the ship. On the Eurodam we got the "loyalty credit" (discount) posted to our on-board account on the first night for all our pre-purchased dinners, some of which included two 1* guests. On the N.A. they said in order to give us the credit they would have to bill our two guests separately and give us a full refund of what I had pre-paid for them. We just let it stand as us paying, without any discount.

Edited by catl331

If you get the discount and pay for the whole table, you(who pay for the bill will get the discount for your cabin only),  everyone else will be charged full price on the Nieuw Statendam. This is if you put the whole table on one bill and you pay for the whole table. 

I would like to thank everyone that took the time to respond with the details.  I appreciate your time.  I think my plan will be to purchase/schedule the dining when we board for all four of us and not worry with purchasing the dining package for our friends prior to boarding.  

BaltimoreCruise

I just spoke to my PCC.  According to her, we book dining online before at full price.  We will receive onboard credit for the discount during the cruise.  I just went ahead and booked as we are going next week and it's the DH's birthday on a sea day, so I wanted to ensure that I had a reservation for this holiday cruise. 

As I remember in the past, we always saw the discount on our final bill.  

I do not know about the packages though.  You already get a discount for buying the dining package, so would not be surprised that you don't get a further Mariner discount.

21 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Related question--if you order Pinnacle Grill room service, does the mariner discount apply?

Your question prompted me to check the e-folio I have from the time we ordered Pinnacle Grill room service.  We had the Concierge order from the full menu; not the room service menu.  I do not see a loyalty credit but I don’t know if that’s an error or on purpose and I never thought to check (or ask).