Encore Vibe Boycott

gmbhardy

4 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Charging customers for amenities that should be part of the core experience is disgusting. Maybe if enough people boycott Vibe on the Encore, NCL will get the message. Anyone else want to join the mutiny?

I'm in.  To take away H2O from the masses strikes me as a bad decision.  There are plenty of other ships to sail.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

I'm in.  To take away H2O from the masses strikes me as a bad decision.  There are plenty of other ships to sail.

Encore never had Spice H2O. It can't be taken away if it was never there. 

Getaway's loss was something being taken away. 

It remains to be seen if Escape will lose anything. 

11 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Encore never had Spice H2O. It can't be taken away if it was never there. 

Getaway's loss was something being taken away. 

It remains to be seen if Escape will lose anything. 

Is it now going to be gone from the Getaway?  Dry Dock changes I assume.  Upon checking deck plan on NCL, it appears to still be in place...H2O that is.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

I completely advocate a boycott of the Vibe to teach those greedy leaders a leason

Thank you for not going to the Vibe as the more people who boycott the better the chance I get a pass. 

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Was it ever there in the design stage?

It probably wasn't.  The point that they are trying to make is that the other ships in the class have that venue so they see it as a "loss" with it not being there on the Encore.  Considering that venue is not available AND the Vibe is much larger on the Encore, it's a huge money grab by NCL if people want someplace outside on an upper level to sit.

• Like 1

It should be clear to any regular reader of this forum that Vibe was underpriced before the recent substantial hikes. Has doubling the price and expanding the space at the expense of the previously free area been a smart move? Time will tell. 

Boycotting? That's just silly. The only way one is truly boycotting Vibe is if one was willing to pay the current rate and opts out over principle. I suspect the pool of people willing to base vacation decisions on "sending a message" is very small.

There are many cruise lines offering a variety of products for a variety of prices. Shop around and try something new. Don't waste your precious leisure time sending a message. The best message is sent by finding a vacation that you enjoy.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PortFees45 said:

I'm boycotting the entire ship. The NCL Encore, elimination of SpiceH20, and the disgusting expansion of Vibe got me booked on an upcoming RCL cruise for the very first time. 

Same question as before....how will they know that you are boycotting and not just one of the thousands of people sailing on a competitor's ship on a given week?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Charging customers for amenities that should be part of the core experience is disgusting. Maybe if enough people boycott Vibe on the Encore, NCL will get the message. Anyone else want to join the mutiny?

They charge for Vibe on all ships and it’s very successful, sooo...

If H20 was important to me and a ship didn't have it, I just wouldn't sail that ship.  I'm sure there are also people that like Vibe and are happy they made it bigger.

Cruise Lines add and take away venues on ships all the time.  Its up to the consumer to decide if that ship is one they want. 

23 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

They charge for Vibe on all ships and it’s very successful, sooo...

Yes, but the other big ships have Spice H2O and some have a smaller Vibe footprint, so there is some public deck space available.. The Encore only has the area around the tiny pool for 4,000 plus guests. 

• Like 1