Eating at International Cafe

Courier95

You can sit anywhere in the area of the piazza--if you can find a seat. It is always a very busy area of the ship. The food is very good; my favorite for lunch is the chicken & apple salad. If we can't find a seat we sometimes get lunch from the international café and take it back to the cabin and sit on the balcony with a drink from the mini-fridge. Sooo nice! 

26 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

The IC's regular brewed coffee is not free but is "complimentary" IF you have the coffee card, in that it does not take a punch off from your 15 special (espresso) drinks. 

Actually, it depends... Last time we cruised (in July), if I purchased a "special" brew, I could get a "free" fresh brew, but, these rules seem to change over time.

I love the International Cafe, rarely go to the buffet, if ever.  My favorite is the tomato, mozzarella sandwich, toasted, yummy.  The salads are all good, too.  There aren't "free" drinks in the IC, that I've ever seen on any ship.  I always have a coffee "card", not an actual card anymore.  They keep track on your cruise card.

6 hours ago, Courier95 said:

I know that the food is complimentary at the International Cafe but is it necessary  to purchase a drink in order to sit and eat there?    Thank you.

You even talk to different crew members at different counters for coffee and munchies.