Semi-live + Recap: Thanksgiving cruise on Adventure, 23 November to 1 December 2019

FionaMG

6 hours ago, EDiamond22 said:

awesome! we normally don't get the internet but since we are now pet owners and my girlfriends mom is watching our kitten she wants to be able to check in with her mom. i was going to do a review after but now with the internet i may do a live one ? could be fun to just end the day posting while everything is fresh

Yes, sometimes you do need to stay connected.

Doing a live blog is a great way to look back on your cruise afterwards; definitely keeps the memories fresh. I've re-read the one I did last year several times. 😊

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Doing a live blog is a great way to look back on your cruise afterwards; definitely keeps the memories fresh. I've re-read the one I did last year several times. 😊

yes it seems like it, im new to CC and really enjoy reading the live reviews and find them super helpful when cruising something similar shortly after  so why not give it a go !

• Like 1

Thanks for doing this semi-live review FionaMG. It's definitely harder when the internet is not cooperating, but I'm really looking forward to your impressions of Adventure when she's sailing full (over-full?). We are looking at a Spring sailing, but I'm a little worried about the possibility of much heavier crowds. 

P.S. - Love the pic at Labadee!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

You too?!?!?  Its nice to look back.  Navigator, maybe not so much, but you remember what happened to me.

As a advertisement, I should note that my live thread will probably start on Friday night for my Allure of the Seas ride...if anyone is interested.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EDiamond22 said:

awesome! we normally don't get the internet but since we are now pet owners and my girlfriends mom is watching our kitten she wants to be able to check in with her mom. i was going to do a review after but now with the internet i may do a live one ? could be fun to just end the day posting while everything is fresh

Its harder than you realize, but a lot of fun

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aring75 said:

Thanks for doing this semi-live review FionaMG. It's definitely harder when the internet is not cooperating, but I'm really looking forward to your impressions of Adventure when she's sailing full (over-full?). We are looking at a Spring sailing, but I'm a little worried about the possibility of much heavier crowds. 

P.S. - Love the pic at Labadee!

I was a bit concerned about the crowds to begin with but so far it's not been an issue. I think the fact that the weather has been good makes a difference because people are scattered across all areas of the ship.

And although there are lots of kids and teens I haven't encountered any bratty or obnoxious ones at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Its harder than you realize, but a lot of fun

Yes, especially when you only remember you're supposed to be taking a picture of your dinner after you've half demolished it! 😏

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Yes, especially when you only remember you're supposed to be taking a picture of your dinner after you've half demolished it! 😏

Yes, that's hard🤣

You need lots of self control

Difficult when drinks are flowing

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So, update on the internet situation. It still hasn't been fixed. They brought a technician on board today who was able to identify the problem but not fix it because he didn't have the right tools. 🙄

The voom said that tomorrow, when we will be in St Martin, will be the last chance to fix it before the end of the cruise, since we have two sea days after that. ☹️

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

So, update on the internet situation. It still hasn't been fixed. They brought a technician on board today who was able to identify the problem but not fix it because he didn't have the right tools. 🙄

The voom said that tomorrow, when we will be in St Martin, will be the last chance to fix it before the end of the cruise, since we have two sea days after that. ☹️

Ouch, that sucks. I was wanting to hear more about what to expect next week

Good luck

9 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Interesting, I wonder if internet connectivity is also down for the ship people?  That could cause a delay in checking-in the new guests.

I'm not tech savvy enough to understand the ins and outs but the voom man said it's not an issue when we are in port, only when we are at sea, so hopefully it will not affect check in for the next cruise. Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

I'm not tech savvy enough to understand the ins and outs but the voom man said it's not an issue when we are in port, only when we are at sea, so hopefully it will not affect check in for the next cruise. Fingers crossed.

Interesting, maybe a satellite antenna pointing issue.

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Sometimes I wonder how tech savvy they are.  I'm not that tech savvy either, but my last time on the Grandeur had me scratching my head going "that's not how that works, that's not how any of  that works"  I can't remember what he said exactly, but instead of actually fixing the issue, he was like "we can cut you off and give you a refund, or you can deal with it"

2 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

At least even with an empty plate or half eaten plate picture we know the food was mostly liked. 😃

So true!

Tonight's dinner was very nice! The menu was presented like a rolled-up scroll, tied with a yellow ribbon. The wait staff were collecting them after they took our orders but I asked if I could keep it as a souvenir.

20191129_001331.thumb.jpg.143a4139fdde9f8faba93c2594c325db.jpg

I had the sweet potato and butternut squash soup, which was good. 

P_20191128_192446_p.thumb.jpg.77baa88b2fc9bca6edc6450c18a6c67b.jpg

The beef wellington, which was excellent. The beef was very tender and tasty but we chose well when we asked for it medium rare; if we had gone for medium well it would have been too dry for sure.

20191129_011406.thumb.jpg.1b357f2356d450b5a6a330f187110728.jpg

And I couldn't decide between the pumpkin pie and the pecan pie, so I just had both! :classic_laugh:

20191129_013416.thumb.jpg.e96623bf995e22b61bd64e089c87d5da.jpg

Edited by FionaMG
Switched device.
  • Like 1