Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Neeny12

7 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Did you enjoy the added Music Hall venue? It replaced Dazzles, so I am curious about it....we had it on our Anthem cruise and it was a terrific venue and well used.

We did go to the Music Hall to see the rock band. The Hall itself has a sophisticated club look. The regular house band plays there also.

5 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Did you have MTD or set dining, first or second seating?

My Time Dining. Reserved dining times mostly at 7:30pm. We asked for a window table and got the same table every night. Never had that happen on previous sailings.

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully your landing at Pearson goes smoothly.  The weathers not the best today.  

2pm flight left at 4pm, arrived at Pearson 7pm . Delays due to weather in Toronto and busy schedule Miami.

Home by 8pm 😁

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lynnber said:

Just off this cruise this morning, with a family group of 16. We were somewhat shocked to NEVER have a wait for anything - getting on, getting off, islands, dining room, bars... there were never more than a few people in the Sorrento's line! There was also always PLENTY of lounge chairs near the pool, the lines for the slides were minimal, and even laser tag only had a couple people in line. We heard that the ship wasn't even close to full - and it seemed more contractors got off at each port, so that may have made the difference, but for Thanksgiving week we certainly expected to spend lots of time waiting for elevators, and tripping over children, but even that was never the case.

Glad to hear you did not have to endure long lines.  I guess we'll have to wait until the ship is at or near capacity to get a report of how the lines are at the various food and sport venues.

18 hours ago, Neeny12 said:

We did go to the Music Hall to see the rock band. The Hall itself has a sophisticated club look. The regular house band plays there also.

Nice to hear....we won't be sailing on her in the near future, probably not until Thanksgiving week 2021.  We loved the Music Hall venue on Anthem....they used it for Karaoke, and some of the musical games and the house band played there also.

Edited by Paulette3028

On 12/2/2019 at 4:10 PM, Carlo16 said:

Are there outdoor movies shown by the pool? I don’t see any movies listed on the cruise compass or the app. 
thanks 

I didn’t see anything about movies either. I don’t think there was a screen near the pools on this ship. I believe movies are usually shown at the aqua or indoor theatre, but I don’t remember seeing it listed. Maybe Adventure Ocean had movies? 

Edited by Neeny12

10 minutes ago, cruisin0504 said:

do they have a different "brand" of coffee shop which is included? 

Cafe Promenade and Park Cafe have espresso based drinks that are available with the drink packages.  They use Seattle's Best brand coffee there.

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 9:13 PM, Neeny12 said:

Not sure if this thread or the Oasis Refurb thread is the proper place to ask this, but other than updating the decor, are there any radical differences between Dazzles and Music Hall? Seems to me they both have bars, seating, dance floor and a place for a band to play.  The only difference seems to be the types of acts that they book - which could have been done without the remodel.

Did they at least add the pool tables? That's the only significant difference I can think of.

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Not sure if this thread or the Oasis Refurb thread is the proper place to ask this, but other than updating the decor, are there any radical differences between Dazzles and Music Hall? 

Did they at least add the pool tables? That's the only significant difference I can think of.

They did add a pool table and televisions upstairs that show the live feed of the band playing downstairs.  Other than decor, not much else is different.  During the day they draw open the curtains behind the stage so you can still check out the view out the windows.  They still hold weddings in there as well.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

They did add a pool table and televisions upstairs that show the live feed of the band playing downstairs.  Other than decor, not much else is different.  During the day they draw open the curtains behind the stage so you can still check out the view out the windows.  They still hold weddings in there as well.

Thanks! From the pics you posted, it does look much nicer and now with the pool tables & TV's, the upstairs won't feel so...."isolated" for lack of a better word.  I always thought that Dazzles was never realizing it's full potential. Maybe it was just me it seemed like a place to kill 20 minutes before moving on to the next big event.

Just now, HBE4 said:

Thanks! From the pics you posted, it does look much nicer and now with the pool tables & TV's, the upstairs won't feel so...."isolated" for lack of a better word.  I always thought that Dazzles was never realizing it's full potential. Maybe it was just me it seemed like a place to kill 20 minutes before moving on to the next big event.

It's still pretty much like that when there isn't an event going on.  As you can see they had the cover on the pool table.  Don't know if it's open for free use during the day at all or not since it was covered up.  I did see it uncovered at night during the show.  It's quiet there during the day and an easy place to hide out from the crowds for some down time.

The balcony up top is a great vantage point to look down and see the stage when there is a show.  But I will warn it was way too loud upstairs when the band was playing.  There weren't enough bodies up there to help deafen the sound.   

They also held one of the nightclub nights there during my sailing.  That was considerably less loud than the live music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 11:15 AM, Neeny12 said:

And my favourite dessert ever... pavlovas (meringues). They gave me one earlier in the week but I couldn’t eat it because of the whipped cream on top. They made up for it by giving me four. 😛😛😛 I got through two (I have a sugar addiction so I’m off most sources of sugar these days) and DH ate half of another one.

94E1CE08-9FF2-4B27-98B5-165BA111EFA2.jpeg

Pavlovas are the best! My favorite dessert growing up in New Zealand. I always get a couple and take a couple more to go. 

• Like 1