Reporting from Riviera

ORV

1 hour ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Many people do have laptops or iPads but they prefer to enjoy the cruise rather than surfing the internet. 

I do not think this is just about surfing, but if O really wants our end of cruise comments. They used to make a big deal about it, but now I wonder if they ever read all those forms. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORV said:

I’m curious if the dinner with senior officers is also only on milestone cruises like the tote bag.  I’m starting to think they need to rethink the “loyalty” part of the name. 

Did you get the dinner with an officer on this last cruise??

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Did you get the dinner with an officer on this last cruise??

Nope, I haven’t been invited to a dinner or lunch since our 20th. Between 10 & 20 we were invited almost every cruise. Maybe I made someone mad and got blacklisted. 

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

Nope, I haven’t been invited to a dinner or lunch since our 20th. Between 10 & 20 we were invited almost every cruise. Maybe I made someone mad and got blacklisted. 

LOL

I usually decline  invitations  except for our favourite GM  of course 😉

but I think that was  a one off  deal

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

Quick thought on this subject-

I believe that we have similar senses of humor, Orv.

Is it possible that you made a wry comment which made them believe that you are.....well.... less than enchanted at the thought of Dining with a crew member?

I've had that happen, myself.  

Have your Agent put a tickler in your file, it will be corrected.  

1 minute ago, StanandJim said:

Is it possible that you made a wry comment which made them believe that you are.....well.... less than enchanted at the thought of Dining with a crew member?

Why would that need to happen  when this is suppose to be part of the  NEW Oceania Club perks?

Just now, LHT28 said:

Why would that need to happen  when this is suppose to be part of the  NEW Oceania Club perks?

I imagine because some people find dining with the help to be tiresome and intrusive.

I've met hundreds of such people.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

I imagine because some people find dining with the help to be tiresome and intrusive.

Then you just  decline the invite  at the time

I do not even know why  they would add this as a perk  to O club 

so many PAX  at those loyalty levels  the Officers/staff  would find it tiresome after a while 

JMO

12 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Ive heard the joke but have never said it at dinner. I usually try not to offend the hosts. 

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

That’s why I’m curious if it’s for every cruise or for milestones. If the latter then someone at Oceania needs to learn to use asterisks when putting together these charts. 

1 minute ago, ORV said:

That’s why I’m curious if it’s for every cruise or for milestones. If the latter then someone at Oceania needs to learn to use asterisks when putting together these charts. 

I agree

It seems the NEW  loyalty  benefits  is very hit or miss 

if  some things are just for  when you reach the next level it should be noted as such

Get your TA  to send your complaint or comments into the "powers that be" ...it does work better   than just putting things on the comment cards 😉

35 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Can't understand why.  We find it very interesting to dine with the senior officers.  Do not think of them as the help at all.  They are the one's  that make our cruise as good as it is.  We will do it every time we are invited. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Did that Pina Colada leave you "Dazed and Confused". 😉 Enjoy

Great when they have live music on the pool deck. Does not happen very often.   Should do it more. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RJB said:

Great when they have live music on the pool deck. Does not happen very often.   Should do it more. 

Not the band, on the speaker system. 

6 hours ago, drkitkat123 said:

and I am sure that there was little chance it was Led Zeppelin live

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

The Stones were there too? 😀

As I said, and not a popular song, unless you’re a Stone’s or rock fan. The song is Soul Survivor. They also played “won’t get fooled again” by The Who. Definitely not the right music reel for standard Oceania cruisers. 

We have a new GM. Thomas Kueler, I’m not familiar with him, I guess I will find out as we’re going to dinner in a group hosted by him in Privee. 

Did I mention there is a central table at Tea Time? There are also many more choices than Marina had a couple of months ago. 

6 ships in Cozumel yesterday, 4 in Costa Maya today. 

13 minutes ago, ORV said:

As I said, and not a popular song, unless you’re a Stone’s or rock fan. The song is Soul Survivor. They also played “won’t get fooled again” by The Who. Definitely not the right music reel for standard Oceania cruisers. 

We have a new GM. Thomas Kueler, I’m not familiar with him, I guess I will find out as we’re going to dinner in a group hosted by him in Privee. 

Did I mention there is a central table at Tea Time? There are also many more choices than Marina had a couple of months ago. 

Maybe they are upping the vibe of the ship

next it will be wet T shirt contests LOL

We have always had the central table  at Tea time  that is why I surprised with previous posts  saying there were none

Ok your mission  if you choose  to accept it  is to find out about the new CD LOL

Is this  the O Club  perk "dinner with senior staff"  ?

Enjoy

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

Just curious, as I find this discussion interesting as I am 67 and was 18 in 1970 when LZ, Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Queen, Credence Clearwater Revival and similar music was playing on the air waves. What is the average age of the passengers currently on the Marina?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, as I find this discussion interesting as I am 67 and was 18 in 1970 when LZ, Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Queen, Credence Clearwater Revival and similar music was playing on the air waves. What is the average age of the passengers currently on the Marina?

I am a few years younger than you and am wondering the same thing. Even my kids like this music. Throw in some Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Allman Bros. I also have never been in a wet t-shirt contest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe they are upping the vibe of the ship

next it will be wet T shirt contests LOL

We have always had the central table  at Tea time  that is why I surprised with previous posts  saying there were none

Ok your mission  if you choose  to accept it  is to find out about the new CD LOL

Is this  the O Club  perk "dinner with senior staff"  ?

Enjoy

CD is the same, Dottie this is the new G M

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Normal, with some younger mixed in. 

• Like 1