Any recommendations for visiting Charleston?

OnTheJourney

Never been...so looking at some of the cruise excursions. Our choices are: 1) guided (bus) tour of various historical sites  2) Boone Hall Plantation  3) Tea Plantation  4) Magnolia Gardens and Nature Train (will be there in March so not sure this is the best time to visit gardens)  5) Walking tour through the historic district (we're sort of leaning towards this one). Any suggestions from those who have been there? 

I recommend that you search the East coast departures board for more suggestions and reviews.

The gardens will be beautiful in March, Boone Hall is impressive and you can easily squeeze in a walking tour after either of these. Too many good restaurants to mention in Charleston (but I do love Hominy Grill and Fleet Landing).😎

As mentioned you should be posting this on the East Coast Departures board not this board which is for Florida.  There are lots of locals who can help you.

With that said I would walk through the historic district and other areas around town.

Include City Hall on your walking tour.  They will give you are tour inside and there is a lot of history they can point out.

Keith