Upsell Offer

MsSoCalCruiser

Yesterday I booked a February cruise and about 3 1/2 hours later I received an upsell offer. That’s a first for me. The offer was for inside cabin to a balcony for $59 per person (200% for solo); I grabbed it.  

Have you ever received an upsell offer that fast?  I’m waiting for a move over offer... Call me 😊

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yesterday I booked a February cruise and about 3 1/2 hours later I received an upsell offer. That’s a first for me. The offer was for inside cabin to a balcony for $59 per person (200% for solo); I grabbed it.  

Have you ever received an upsell offer that fast?  I’m waiting for a move over offer... Call me 😊

4 day cruise? 5 day cruise? 7 day cruise?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

4 day cruise? 5 day cruise? 7 day cruise?

Royal Princess, five day Cabo. 😊.   I’ve received Upsell offers for five day Cabo cruises before but never that low of a price and never that quickly. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

That is quick but I suspect it's not a full ship and after final payment date.  Congrats!  I actually got one before final payment date in September for a January cruise but that was well after booking.

Thank you!   I had called to ask about the sailing and when I asked when Final Payment was, I was told “tomorrow”.   So I booked it one day prior to final payment and about 3 1/2 hours later… Bam.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

but do you get to pick your cabin ???

No but I told the person what area I was looking for (I can’t do forward). I ended up Mid-Aft so I’m happy. My original booking was for a center ship sideways interior (1A  category).    If I would’ve been told I would receive a forward cabin, I would not book.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

seems like some may have 'qualified' their offer by emailing back only certain cabins would be acceptable ... or not

I  replied that I would like to accept but not if a forward cabin due to possible seasickness. I don’t know if that had anything to do with what I received or if I was just plain lucky.  I don’t know if they have access to our prior bookings but all of my bookings have been center ship towards aft, never forward.

• Thanks 1

our one and only upsell that we have taken was completed by a phone call , and we got to choose our cabin from the ones available ... seems like the email thingy is new(er) ...

ours was in May ... and from a balcony to a PH suite ... also our one and only .. so far

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, voljeep said:

our one and only upsell that we have taken was completed by a phone call , and we got to choose our cabin from the ones available ... seems like the email thingy is new(er) ...

ours was in May ... and from a balcony to a PH suite ... also our one and only .. so far

This was my third or fourth upsell and it was the first time to do it by email. In my excitement I actually messed up in my reply and transposed part of my booking number. After about three tries and me still messing up they sent me an email letting me know that that was the incorrect booking number and asking for my phone number, lol.   I did receive a phone call.   Again, I don’t know if that is the norm now or if it was because I messed up so many times. I did respond… User error. They were probably busting up at that point. 

Congratulations on the upsell to the suite. Never have I ever had a suite 😊

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank You!   I received a Mid-Aft so I’m really happy. 

If you weren't happy with it, you could check the inventory of available cabins.  If one of those suits you better, you can ask to be moved to it provided the category is equal to or lower than the cabin category that you are now assigned to.  I've done that before 🙂 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

If you weren't happy with it, you could check the inventory of available cabins.  If one of those suits you better, you can ask to be moved to it provided the category is equal to or lower than the cabin category that you are now assigned to.  I've done that before 🙂 

I just did this on an upsell I took via email. Went online found the cabin I wanted and called in and they switched it, no questions asked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2019 at 10:51 AM, voljeep said:

but do you get to pick your cabin ???

had to work really hard to pick our cabin.  They gave us 2 options, then I'd pick and it was taken, then another option, I'd look it up, and then taken.  I was on the phone for 1 hour before the entire process was all done. It was a bit exhausting. 

I didn't get to "pick" from "available" cabins.  It was all their choice. 

Edited by jennybenny
  • Like 1