Two Questions?

cimarrongirl

Right underneath you is "Princess Live" which is going all night to about 11pm and I think could be noisy.  Not knowing your circumstances, if you can, book a room that has staterooms above and below it if you are able to.  Personally, I would not book E516.

There is no special pricing for back to backs.  I have a back to back booked as two separate cruises.  You just make sure by calling Princess that the two cruises are linked.  I also check in at customer service desk when I first board also.  I book early to get the room I want, and then keep watching for drops in fares, new better sales, etc.  Making sure you first book with a refundable deposit and that your category stateroom is still available, it is very easy to call Princess and rebook or refare if and when your costs may go down.

Pooh

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

There is no special pricing for back to backs. 

11 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

99% of the time for me when I book if a 14 day is listed along with the 7 day cruises the 14 day b2b is always cheaper.

Sometimes there is a reduced price for a B2B vs two separate bookings and sometimes there is not.

I had one Trans-Atlantic followed by a British Isles cruise where the savings of booking it as a single cruise was $399/person which equals $798 for two people. However, reduced OBC (FCC, stockholders, Captain's Circle, travel agent) was $350 booking it as a single cruise, so the net total savings for two was $448, still worth doing.

We have found that most times the fares are very close two separate booking nos. vs. one booking no.. Usually the OBC and other promo perks are the determining factors. For the last few years we have been booking with separate booking nos. for the reasons mentioned and for flexibility. On board there is no difference. Accounts are rolled over and it's one charge on disembarkation day.

21 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I check both ways and book which ever is best for us. Be sure to consider all the OBC you will get.

Paul, Did you attend the MTP cocktail party on the Crown Princess Oct 8th.  

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

also cruise credits.

Pooh

Cruise credits are applied automatically the same no matter how the cruises are booked.

As one 20 day trip or two 10 day trips, you'll get the same credit. 

• Like 1

Some travel agencies will give you a B2B discount ... like $50 off each sailing.  But, figure out which way gives you the best bang for your buck ... also include OBC in your calculations.  And yes, if it is offered as both a B2B or one sailing, you will still get two cruise credits for the single (but combined) sailing. 

Interesting about the cruise credits.  I have several  10-15 day cruises(where I booked as just one cruise of that length) where I just got 1 cruise credit.  This is with CC mini or balconies.  Now I could have booked my upcoming 14 day Med. cruise on the Enchanted in a WS as one cruise and gotten 2 credits.  But I booked this as 2- 7 day back to backs to get the cabin I wanted and this way I am getting 4 cruise credits rather than 2.  So no, you don't get the same cruise credits, at least in my case.

Pooh

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Interesting about the cruise credits.  I have several  10-15 day cruises(where I booked as just one cruise of that length) where I just got 1 cruise credit.  This is with CC mini or balconies.  Now I could have booked my upcoming 14 day Med. cruise on the Enchanted in a WS as one cruise and gotten 2 credits.  But I booked this as 2- 7 day back to backs to get the cabin I wanted and this way I am getting 4 cruise credits rather than 2.  So no, you don't get the same cruise credits, at least in my case.

Pooh

Suggest you call Captain's Circle - should be credited for each leg of each cruise.  If Elite you also get a minibar setup for each leg.  

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

About 6 or 7 years ago Princess started giving credits for each segment, whether booked under a single or multiple booking numbers.

If you have not been getting credits for multiple segments when under one booking number, speak with the Princess Captain's Circle department to get the credits you should have received.

• Like 1

One thing to watch, Princess blocks some rooms, and in my case an entire deck from Their listed 14 day cruises, so you have to book it as a B2B, it cost more and we are loosing out on OBC credits, some are 250 for 14 days, but only 100 for 7.

We also had to use both FCC s for the trip, I am delaying booking another trip until the cruise, so I can buy more.

If you want a particular deck, location, etc you may be forced to do it that way.

Edited by Schonert

18 hours ago, Schonert said:

One thing to watch, Princess blocks some rooms, and in my case an entire deck from Their listed 14 day cruises, so you have to book it as a B2B, it cost more and we are loosing out on OBC credits, some are 250 for 14 days, but only 100 for 7.

We also had to use both FCC s for the trip, I am delaying booking another trip until the cruise, so I can buy more.

If you want a particular deck, location, etc you may be forced to do it that way.

A good travel agent can work with Princess to have the cabin you want switched to be allowed as a single booking instead of as a 3 cruises.