Cirque Shows on MERAVIGLIA - Which is better?

eroller

We are on our first MSC cruise in January.  The Viaggio show is an included perk in our booking.  Do we need to make a reservation for a specific day before we embark or will the YC concierge handle everything when we get on board?  It looks like we will be charged immediately if we make the reservation on line. 

11 hours ago, eroller said:

I'm also on Dec 8.  I just looked at all the "Enhance Your Cruise" options.  It's listed under "Add Restaurants".  No problem booking multiple dates and times.  

Thanks, it is not available on msc book (agent site). but I can book on the consumer site.

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

We are on our first MSC cruise in January.  The Viaggio show is an included perk in our booking.  Do we need to make a reservation for a specific day before we embark or will the YC concierge handle everything when we get on board?  It looks like we will be charged immediately if we make the reservation on line. 

If booking via website, yes you will be charged. It is $18 pp for just the drink show.

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

My booking included the same.  My travel agent was unable to get the dinner/show removed from the booking because I absolutely did not want the dinner and am only very lukewarm on the show.  I wanted it changed to the cocktail/show.  If the YC Concierge is unable to make a change, I will not be in attendance whenever my reservation is scheduled.  

I'm sailing on January 5th.   Are you?

Edited by rkacruiser

22 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My booking included the same.  My travel agent was unable to get the dinner/show removed from the booking because I absolutely did not want the dinner and am only very lukewarm on the show.  I wanted it changed to the cocktail/show.  If the YC Concierge is unable to make a change, I will not be in attendance whenever my reservation is scheduled.  

I'm sailing on January 5th.   Are you?

Yes we are.  My thought is that I'd like to see the show but change the reservation to drinks and save dinner for the YC restaurant.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 4:59 PM, capriccio said:

Yes we are.  My thought is that I'd like to see the show but change the reservation to drinks and save dinner for the YC restaurant.

My plan as well and I hope to meet you.  In the Top Sail Lounge, I will most likely be ordering a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.  If you hear a solo gentleman doing so, that may be me.  I tend to sit at the bar, but, being unfamiliar with the Top Sail Lounge set-up, I may choose to sit elsewhere at times.

Bob

On 11/29/2019 at 3:35 PM, rkacruiser said:

My understanding is that the dinner guests sit in front and the cocktail guests sit behind them in a worse viewing location.

If I am incorrect, would someone please correct me?

The seats for guests with ‘Cocktail & Show’ package are in the front, the first rows close to the stage. In my opinion these are the “best” seats if you want to be close to the action.

The seats and tables for guests with ‘Dinner & Show’ package are in the back of the theatre. These seats have a wider view and enjoy a “bigger picture” of the show.

1 hour ago, tallyho8 said:

My understanding is that the dinner guests sit in front and the cocktail guests sit behind them in a worse viewing location.

If I am incorrect, would someone please correct me?

I think that is a good question.  

Are cocktail YC guests seated differently from those who are not YC cocktail guests?  

2 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

The seats for guests with ‘Cocktail & Show’ package are in the front, the first rows close to the stage. In my opinion these are the “best” seats if you want to be close to the action.

The seats and tables for guests with ‘Dinner & Show’ package are in the back of the theatre. These seats have a wider view and enjoy a “bigger picture” of the show.

Sir Wolf,  helpful information!  Thanks.  Does it make any difference is one is a YC guest or not?

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Sir Wolf,  helpful information!  Thanks.  Does it make any difference is one is a YC guest or not?

I don’t know but noticed that we (YC guests) always got very(!) good seats. First row or second row and close to center guaranteed an excellent view. We pre-booked the ‘cocktail & show’ package and scheduled date & time with the YC Concierge. The Concierge called Cirque Du Soleil reservation desk and requested seats. I assume the seat selection is the discretion of the Cirque Du Soleil reservation desk and he knows when YC is calling.

28 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Those front seats are reserved for YC guests. If they have any remaining, they are opened for non YC reservations. The majority of non YC cocktail seats are in the sides, behind the dinner seats. They're not bad... Just not as good as the center close up seats.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions.  We were able to pre-book for the 10pm showing of Sonor.  Cocktail & Show only.  Sounds like we may have to reconfirm once onboard, and hope for good seats!

We were on Meraviglia last week and saw both shows. We loved Sonor. We had the cocktail package for Viaggio and sat in the second row and center. Nice seats! We booked the dinner and show for Sonor, but skipped the dinner. We were seated at a dinner table in the corner which had an aisle leading to the stage. It was fantastic. We reserved our prepaid shows with the concierge in YC upon boarding. The dates and times were already limited, so I’m thinking people were able to book prior to boarding. Having said that, there were many empty seats at both shows.