Diamond Benefits

Whitnee1

The drink vouchers expire every night and cannot be accumulated.

In addition to the 3 drink vouchers, you can get unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge, again during the 3.5 hour evening cocktail period.

9 minutes ago, Whitnee1 said:

First cruise as Diamond. Do I read it correct in that each Diamond member gets three drinks per day preloaded on their card to be used in any venue?

Most venues. Some ships will exclude things like Rising Tide and Bionic Bar

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The drink vouchers expire every night and cannot be accumulated.

In addition to the 3 drink vouchers, you can get unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge, again during the 3.5 hour evening cocktail period.

So are the three drinks good all day or only during the 5p-8p that the Diamond event is?

also you get a soda/water/ or juice in your room day 1. apparently you have to call to arrange which one you want now opposed to when you used to be able to do it online. also as others mentioned its a limited menu for the diamond drink ( but a very good menu basically something for everyone)  many threads with the list you can check out! these 3 as others mentioned only avail. during diamond hours typically 5-8 but may very by an hour or so on different sailings or ships. use it or lose it policy each night, next day 3 new ones will be pre loaded. they can be ordered at the same time i.e you can get a double, it will use 2 of your vouchers but a nice change up for ppl who get the deluxe package that can normally only get a single per bar visit. if attending the diamond lounge during these house there will be a bar tender in there pouring what ever they have, (these don't use your vouchers bc you have to be diamond or higher to even get in) they also have little appetizers in there during these times, very good on mostly all sailings i've been on! plus we have met some awesome people in the lounge 😄 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

As stated, Diamond event hours vary ship to ship.

The event starts 1 hour prior to MDR 1st seating time and ends at MDR 2nd seating time.

That's been my experience in the past, but on my last cruise on Brilliance TA this month, early seating at 5:30, and late seating at 8:00 with Happy Hour from 5:00 to 8:30.  For those at late seating could get to the dining room and order last call without having a mad rush to get their wine before heading to the dining room.  I liked that change.

You had to check your on board account because for the first few days we were being charged for those dining room drinks.  🍷

• Like 1

Sometimes I have just shown my card and received our drinks and nothing run through a machine. I have requested that they ring it up so that I can add a tip to the zero charges.

My wife and I are not big drinkers so what we will do sometimes is use our vouchers to get unopen beer and soda cans to take back to  the room to to be stored in the refrigerator to be consumed at our convenience.

14 hours ago, ALSEAU said:

Sometimes I have just shown my card and received our drinks and nothing run through a machine. I have requested that they ring it up so that I can add a tip to the zero charges.

My wife and I are not big drinkers so what we will do sometimes is use our vouchers to get unopen beer and soda cans to take back to  the room to to be stored in the refrigerator to be consumed at our convenience.

I didn't realize you could request unopened cans 🙂

16 hours ago, ALSEAU said:

Servers are generally not permitted to offer an unopened bottle of beer. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

2 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

I didn't realize you could request unopened cans 🙂

It's against the rules for the crew to give unopened cans or bottles (other than bottled water) for drink packages or Diamond drinks.  Your experience may vary.

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Cash tips generally help.......

That didn't work on my last cruise as it did in he past.  I think they were concerned with reprisals from the Food & Beverage Manager if caught.  🍷 

26 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

That didn't work on my last cruise as it did in he past.  I think they were concerned with reprisals from the Food & Beverage Manager if caught.  🍷 

That's the problem.  I hate to put them in a bad position.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WeighAnchor said:

Order a beer with a twist cap like Miller Lite. You can reseal the beverage and it should keep for a day or two in the fridge. Also, you can buy reseal caps for glass bottles before boarding to keep them fresh in your fridge as well. Enjoy!

these are good ideas, and it doesnt put the crew member in an awkward position of having to make the moral decision lol

We have always gotten a few diet Cokes and bottled water at the bar and taken them up to cabin to use as needed. I always leave a tip and will not be happy if we cannot do this with our free drinks. RCI does not loose money on this deal or they wouldn't do it so I can't understand why they would stop allowing this practice.