Princess Gift Card Promotion - "Bonus25"

Steelers36

Anyone know if the gift cards can be redeemed as OBC? I read the gift card terms and it said the cards themselves cannot be redeemed for cash but would any unused OBC be considered ‘redeemable OBC’, as if you had purchased the OBC yourself?

We may need additional OBC for an upcoming cruise if we get both Chefs Table and Ultimate Ship Tour, but if not selected for both, then we’d want our money back—not forfeiting it or having to spend a few hundred in the gift shops!!

Thanks for any insight on using gift cards to purchase OBC in advance of a cruise and if unused would be redeemable OBC.

1 hour ago, gotta cruise again said:

Anyone know if the gift cards can be redeemed as OBC? I read the gift card terms and it said the cards themselves cannot be redeemed for cash but would any unused OBC be considered ‘redeemable OBC’, as if you had purchased the OBC yourself?

We may need additional OBC for an upcoming cruise if we get both Chefs Table and Ultimate Ship Tour, but if not selected for both, then we’d want our money back—not forfeiting it or having to spend a few hundred in the gift shops!!

Thanks for any insight on using gift cards to purchase OBC in advance of a cruise and if unused would be redeemable OBC.

You can use the gift card(s) to purchase OBC (that is for sale in the Personalizer).  If you buy OBC yourself, it is refundable.

However, let's suppose you purchase OBC using the bonus gift card.  If you are sailing after Jan 31, and subsequently look for a refund of the OBC, not going to happen because the bonus amount expires end of Jan.  It is fine as long as you buy the OBC before Jan 31, but any cancellation of the cruise, etc, results in loss of the OBC as it derived from the expired gift card. 

There is not the same issue if using the regular $500 gift card to buy OBC.  Fully refundable.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

I called in my 2 $25 gift cards, she said they were applied, yet I don't see them on my cruise. Anyone know how long it takes? I leave on 12/4...

Bring the card numbers with you, they can apply it for you at the front desk when you board.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 10:11 AM, tntornadox said:

Heads up everyone! I just double dipped on promotions. Bought a $500 gift card, received the bonus $25 card. Added the $100 American Express offer to my card then used it to pay for the gift cards. So ultimately, I paid $400 for $525 in credit!

@tntornadox

Thanks for sharing!

Did you buy digital or physical gift card? Have you already seen the amex offer saving of $100?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

I always have some concern of digital gift card get stolen online or physical card get lost in the mail. Just want to check if this ever happened to anyone?

No. But thanks to CC Members I just put [5] $25 onto the amount I owed on the cruise, [4 + part of 5] to finish paying off cruise, and having PVP put balance of $317.76 as (refundable) OBC. Worked fine in October 2019 / should be fine for March 2029. I tend to lose GCs so I prefer extra as OBC. Besides I still owe gratuities 

I did take a screenshot of all 10 just in case (paying $2500 for $2625)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

I called in my 2 $25 gift cards, she said they were applied, yet I don't see them on my cruise. Anyone know how long it takes? I leave on 12/4...

Mine showed immediately 

Ugh! I started to purchase yesterday, but had to stop because, life.

I just purchased at 7:46 Pacific time. the receipt is dated December 3 and, even though it didn't give me an error regarding the promo code, I do not have the bonus. 

And I used a 2% rebate card, rather than a 3% on travel card, since the website URL indicated that it's a 3rd party vendor, not Princess.

Oh, well. I'm fortunate to be able to cruise at all, I suppose I really shouldn't be too upset.

5 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Mine showed up on the travel summary and not on the payments and credits page.

9 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

I just tried to order but order got cancelled. I actually got the receipt but shortly after got another email about the cancelled order. Still not 12 PST (deadline for the promotion) yet.

The email I received about the promotion said it expired 11:59 EST.

4 hours ago, Timbles said:

The email I received about the promotion said it expired 11:59 EST.

I guess that depend on time zone. But mine is PST. My order receipt did show Dec 3 though.

I tried this morning again without the promotion code, still can't go through. I called and was told some billing info doesn't match but no one knows exactly what's wrong. This means I can't place gift card order online, only call in. This is the first time I'm trying to order gift card.

22 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I had issues getting my first orders (wife and I) confirmed and never did get to trying to order more to see if it would work.  Looks like some were successful to get multiple cards with multiple $25 bonuses.  Maybe next year.....

If the past is any clue. Mothers Day and  Fathers day. 

• Like 1

I ordered two. I only got one email confirmation, but I screen capped both orders, including the different confirmation numbers. I have not gotten either certificate, even though it has been 3 days. Neither had any information about the bonus. 

Of course, the email confirmation is from a "Do Not Reply" email address. The last time I checked, only one had been charged to my card. It looks like I'll be having that charge reversed. 

Frustrating! 

I'm glad others are having better luck. 

Has anyone received their $500 cards yet?

I received three emails saying that the three gift cards had been mailed 2 Dec 2019 but haven't received anything in the mail yet.

I did get the Bonus Cards via email, I've printed them out and am waiting for the $500 dollar cards to apply them all at once.

19 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Has anyone received their $500 cards yet?

I received three emails saying that the three gift cards had been mailed 2 Dec 2019 but haven't received anything in the mail yet.

I did get the Bonus Cards via email, I've printed them out and am waiting for the $500 dollar cards to apply them all at once.

I phoned the Gift Card help line as it was my first experience ordering them and the person triggered the emails to send the card links and numbers with PIN's.  I had only received one email identifying one of the bonus cards and not the $500 cards (I had ordered two).  IDK for sure, but perhaps they were just over-loaded with orders around Thanksgiving.

I am actually disappointed that a screwed up and missed the deadline to order more (partially from waiting on getting confirmed on my initial orders).  Despite the published terms, it seems people could order more than 1/pp and still get the $25 bonus.  I could have easily used $4K to $8K worth considering a future cruise final payment that will come due.

13 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I phoned the Gift Card help line as it was my first experience ordering them and the person triggered the emails to send the card links and numbers with PIN's.  I had only received one email identifying one of the bonus cards and not the $500 cards (I had ordered two).  IDK for sure, but perhaps they were just over-loaded with orders around Thanksgiving.

I am actually disappointed that a screwed up and missed the deadline to order more (partially from waiting on getting confirmed on my initial orders).  Despite the published terms, it seems people could order more than 1/pp and still get the $25 bonus.  I could have easily used $4K to $8K worth considering a future cruise final payment that will come due.

I only got an email confirmation for one, dated the day after I ordered, with no mention of the $25 bonus card. I did screen cap the order confirmation for the other. Then, crickets.

I emailed, using the "Contact us" form yesterday. So far, crickets. 

Your post gives me hope that I might get some resolution without having to go through my credit card company. Between a 14 day cruise for 4 and an 18 day cruise for 2, I'll be spending over $20K this year. The bonuses would have been a huge help!