Princess Gift Card Promotion - "Bonus25"

Steelers36

Just received an email within the past hour from Princess.  If order a Gift Card online for minimum $500 and use promo code, you get an extra $25 free.  5% earn-back isn't too bad at all considering bank annual interest rates.  Best we can get here in Canada is about 2.9% for a five year lock-up. 

I plan to apply the bonus payment to a current booking in January.  The promo says only one per person, but I have read others post that sometimes can get more.  I ordered one for each of us and then tried a mock third to my name and email and the cart loaded with the $25 bonus.  I would love to be able to order about $8,000 worth that will pay for 2020 cruise. 

Applies to orders placed today through Dec 2.  Bonus card expires 1/31/2020.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

Allstate drivewise points will allow you 10% off Princess gift cards. Plus whatever your credit card pays you. (Less 59 cents per card mailed to you) Check the Carnival thread for bonus codes. 

also Target red card gives 5% on Princess gift cards. All the time. 

not withstanding Kroger gift card purchases with 4x gas points. 

sorry if these are US only. 

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Just received an email within the past hour from Princess.  If order a Gift Card online for minimum $500 and use promo code, you get an extra $25 free.  5% earn-back isn't too bad at all considering bank annual interest rates.  Best we can get here in Canada is about 2.9% for a five year lock-up. 

I plan to apply the bonus payment to a current booking in January.  The promo says only one per person, but I have read others post that sometimes can get more.  I ordered one for each of us and then tried a mock third to my name and email and the cart loaded with the $25 bonus.  I would love to be able to order about $8,000 worth that will pay for 2020 cruise. 

Thanks, I was waiting for this!

I recently bought $8000 worth of Princess cards at AARP for 10% off. Then I get 3% more on my credit card. AARP ended their old reward program and are doing a beta version of a new one right now. Hopefully they will add more gift cards for the holidays because  there are no Princess cards. 

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

As I haven’t received a similar email, do you know How I would be able to buy a similar gift card? Is it on the website somewhere? Thanks.

48 minutes ago, DeeTO said:

As I haven’t received a similar email, do you know How I would be able to buy a similar gift card? Is it on the website somewhere? Thanks.

The email says enter the promo code Bonus25 at checkout.  You must buy $500 worth than you get a bonus 25 dollar gift card.

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The way I'm reading it is that they must be used for purchases on board and are not redeemable for cash.

You might be holding the card for quite a while unless you use it to purchase a cruise.

Not just on board.  You can use to apply payment to a cruise booking.  That is how I plan,to spend the bonus as it expires end of January.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

Just did it. One per customer.

Yes, the terms say that but if you try a new order the code works again.  Anyone know if this works as I think I recall someone posting they could get more on another offer.  Even so I guess to would be a bit much to expect to get a bonus on 16 orders of $500.  

I just purchased mine. I can use the $25 gift card next month on my Panama Canal cruise. I hopefully combined this offer with the Amex one. I'm still waiting to see if my credit for that will appear. If so, it will be $525 worth of credit for $400.

39 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I just purchased mine. I can use the $25 gift card next month on my Panama Canal cruise. I hopefully combined this offer with the Amex one. I'm still waiting to see if my credit for that will appear. If so, it will be $525 worth of credit for $400.

I did exactly the same thing and immediately got an email from AmEx saying congratulations you’ve used your offer..... 

12 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Yes, the terms say that but if you try a new order the code works again.  Anyone know if this works as I think I recall someone posting they could get more on another offer.  Even so I guess to would be a bit much to expect to get a bonus on 16 orders of $500.  

In Canada are you able to sign up and use the Allstate site? I'm paying off my cruise using 16 $500 cards from Allstate with a $800 savings.Plus the points back on my Princess card. Allstate is 10% compared to the 5% offered by Princess, and no expiration date.

45 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

In Canada are you able to sign up and use the Allstate site? I'm paying off my cruise using 16 $500 cards from Allstate with a $800 savings.Plus the points back on my Princess card. Allstate is 10% compared to the 5% offered by Princess, and no expiration date.

That could well be possible except that I am not an Allstate customer.  Nice perk, though.

1 minute ago, neverbeenhere said:

In the US, you don't need to be an Allstate customer. Drivewise app.

5 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

That could well be possible except that I am not an Allstate customer.  Nice perk, though.

Go to the Carnival Boards and search Allstate and in the latter pages you'll find a whole bunch of examples on how to set up the app for non Allstate people. That's also the place to find all the clues to keep building points.

13 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Read the FAQ. Canadians can only use the gift cards to pay for a cruise that is sold in US dollars. If you book a cruise in Cdn dollars you can only use the gift cards for onboard spending. The bonus gift card expires Jan 31 so hope you have a cruise booked by then.

14 hours ago, RMMariner said:

Just did it. One per customer.

Who shows as the merchant on your credit card charge?  Often gift cards (like from airlines) are processed by third parties.  I wonder if this might be combinable with the AmEx bonus when charging $500 or more from a cruise line.

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Plus the points back on my Princess card. 

What is the return when using your Princess card?  I was under the impression that it is only a 1% return (charge $1,000, can get $10 off).  If that is the case, a pure 2% cash back card would double your savings if you just use that cash back for your cruise.

39 minutes ago, Barry H said:

Read the FAQ. Canadians can only use the gift cards to pay for a cruise that is sold in US dollars. If you book a cruise in Cdn dollars you can only use the gift cards for onboard spending. The bonus gift card expires Jan 31 so hope you have a cruise booked by then.

Thanks - yes I know the terms and I always book in USD because I use a discount US TA.  Our next cruise departs Oct, 2019, so I can apply our bonus $50 ($25 x 2) to that cruise as an installment.

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

Go to the Carnival Boards and search Allstate and in the latter pages you'll find a whole bunch of examples on how to set up the app for non Allstate people. That's also the place to find all the clues to keep building points.

Thanks for the tips.  I should look into this closer.  Thought it was part of a rewards program for Allstate clients.

• Like 1