Yacht Club DINNER Menus

Host Jazzbeau

Anyone have experience asking for something that's not on the menu for dinner?  I think one of my teens will look at that menu and sadly not want to eat much.  He would much prefer the main buffet with burgers and pizza.  I would prefer that he eat with his family!  I assume there is a kid's menu, but he would likely need to eat 4 kid's plates to fill up.  Will they make him a burger? (Quite possibly for 7 nights straight 🙄). 

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't expect a burger at dinner to be a significant issue since they have burgers on the lunch menu every day. For something that may not be quite as easy or less available, you may want to ask them ahead of time. Also, most days there will also be a YC buffet set up outside by the bar and grill area of the YC pool. So that's another option if you don't want to eat in the restaurant each night.

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2022 at 9:59 PM, shellyd1 said:

Anyone have experience asking for something that's not on the menu for dinner?  I think one of my teens will look at that menu and sadly not want to eat much.  He would much prefer the main buffet with burgers and pizza.  I would prefer that he eat with his family!  I assume there is a kid's menu, but he would likely need to eat 4 kid's plates to fill up.  Will they make him a burger? (Quite possibly for 7 nights straight 🙄). 

I did in 2019 in YC. I didn't like any of the appetizers and our server generously offered a special carrot bisque that the kitchen could whip up. They are very accommodating in my experience. For burgers and things from the main buffet maybe your butler could help out and grab a plate while you're at dinner? Just a thought. Have a great trip!

On 12/30/2022 at 6:59 PM, shellyd1 said:

Could your teen go to the buffet and bring back food? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have these menus changed?  If not, looks like my husband will love it and I’ll be perfectly content with the everyday options since I won’t eat most of their features entrees.  I assume it would be possible to get a fresh garden salad every night for my appetizer. I see their Caesar salad has anchovy’s. 😔

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this is a bit late, but regarding kids... mine are very 'plain' eaters. They don't like a lot of sauces and such. When we sailed YC with them, one had filet mignon every night, and the other had plain grilled chicken. Both added fries to their meal. So if your son can deal with plain beef or chicken, he is set! There is also pasta with tomato sauce available too.

Regarding burgers, they have burgers for lunch every day, so I'm pretty sure that they could make one on request for dinner. If you make it clear that your son would like it every night, they'll have it ready for you.

Burgers are also made to order at the grill on the pool deck, and when I last sailed (pre-COVID) they had pizza every afternoon too. Your son could always have an early dinner there and then join you for 'main' dinner just to keep you company.

Also, the fruit plate or a cheese plate make great appetizers, even though those are both supposed to be 'desserts'.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 9:59 PM, shellyd1 said:

On our many sailings in YC there is no childrens menu...

The kitchen can make a simple pasta/sauce each night 

You can ask for plain fish/plain chicken etc.

All day long your kids can get burgers and fires/pizza at the buffet

Edited by Fogfog
Ooops-- just saw this post was OLD. Sorry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are people still interested in this thread?

These were the menus on the MSC Seashore last week sailing in the Med. Sorry for the one in French I clicked out of habit the first days of our cruise.

QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY5_EN_1694362298.pdf QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY6_EN_1694362298.pdf QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY3_EN_1694362298.pdf QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY1_FR_1694273886.pdf QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY4_EN_1694362298.pdf QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY2_EN_1694360567.pdf QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY7_FR_1694194310.pdf

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, iwtobek said:

Are people still interested in this thread?

These were the menus on the MSC Seashore last week sailing in the Med. Sorry for the one in French I clicked out of habit the first days of our cruise.

We've yet to sail on MSC, booked for February 2024, so am I correct to assume that similar to other major cruise lines their menu's are fleet wide and the same menu would be served during USA sailing?  

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 10:17 PM, DaKahuna said:

We've yet to sail on MSC, booked for February 2024, so am I correct to assume that similar to other major cruise lines their menu's are fleet wide and the same menu would be served during USA sailing?  

Not sure about how the menus are fleet-wide, however one sure to be sure is to not “trust” the menus too much. It's more an “idea” of what you'll get. Many beverages were unavailable during out cruise for instance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 7:48 PM, iwtobek said:

Not sure about how the menus are fleet-wide

There is a region-code on one page of the menus: in the menus you posted it is "MED NOR" - I think it´s safe to assume this indicaties Mediterranean and Northern Europe, so menus for cruises from America may be slightly different. From what I see here, menus are not too different (haven´t been on sailings outside Europe so far). There are bigger differences in bar lists, not only in prices - € vs. $ - also different beverage selection.

I saw a breakfast menu with code "FLEET" - this should be fleet-wide.

Edited by RudiRatlos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How are the menu's for cruises longer than 7 days.  Do they have a different menu for longer cruises or do they start repeating on day 8?  We have an 11-day cruise coming up and trying to figure out which nights we would choose for dining in a specialty restaurant. 

• Like 1

On the East/West Caribbean seven day sailings we had two different sets of seven day menus with no major repeats over 14 days. 

On current 3/4/7 day Seaside they are running the same menu set for the 3/4, both starting with day one, I was told they will run the same set again for the seven day.  So on a 10 or 11 night you would get three or four repeats.

If you're on an 11 day non b2b like Meraviglia NY to NY the menu won't repeat. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boschmann said:

On the East/West Caribbean seven day sailings we had two different sets of seven day menus with no major repeats over 14 days. 

On current 3/4/7 day Seaside they are running the same menu set for the 3/4, both starting with day one, I was told they will run the same set again for the seven day.  So on a 10 or 11 night you would get three or four repeats.

If you're on an 11 day non b2b like Meraviglia NY to NY the menu won't repeat. 

Thank you.  We are on a 11-day Divina cruise that is not a combination of shorter sails. 

so I assume we will have the first 7 day, followed by the first 4-days of the 2nd 7-day menu. 

Now all I need to do is find the second 7-day menu.

Edited by DaKahuna

Question - can one order items from the MDR menu if in the YC?  I recently read where someone mentioned there being a great gumbo served in the MDR and I could not find gumbo on any of the YC menu's and would love to have some  gumbo.  I guess I could always just go present myself at the MDR and eat my meal there right?

All you need to do is to ask your concierge to make a reservation for you in the MDR.  They will put you in the upgraded section reserved for suites.  We were able to order prime rib in the YC that was on the MDR menu.  

We met some very savy repeat YC passengers who would order from the YC restaurant lunch menu to be served pool side.  Waiters from the restaurant would bring up the orders.  The wings and egg rolls were delicious.  

• Like 1