Liberty of the Seas - sold out Feb - March 2021???

Nicholsfam

We are booked on Liberty in March 2021 and were checking fares for friends and noticed that sailings are showing as "sold out" for February 2021 through March 2021.  Seems weird that they would be sold out this far out and for so many sailings in a row.  Any thoughts on what is going on with those sailings???

My guess would be a drydock.

she has no sailings scheduled from Jan 10 through March 28.  It looks like she initially had some sailings closed in Jan/Feb and it has now been extended to include the rest of Fem and March.  I don’t think she needs that long a drydock so I wonder if they are changing  the drydock dates. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, BLiles1961 said:

We are booked on Liberty for March of 2021. I just took a quick peek, and it looks like there's one more sailing that embarks on March 28th. Was not expecting that! Maybe try through a travel agent to see if they have any blocks of rooms available?

The sailings are listed as closed on the travel agent booking site which strongly suggests that they will be cancelled  There are no blocks of rooms being held by travel agents 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Nicholsfam said:

I hope it's not going to be cancelled....we are booked on the March 7, 2021 sailing.  If it's cancelled, how do they let you know???

If you booked with a travel agent, the agent would normally notify you.

bummer.... we had spring break booked march 2021.   Same week sailings out of Florida prices are way higher.  I didn't realize I had such a "deal" booked.  It's gonna cost a lot more if I have to rebook something else.  Summer 2021 on Liberty is also pricey. 

on second look there are some other reasonably priced options that i'm not crazy about. Majesty out of new orleans for example.  Everything else requires airfare. 

Edited by Dan83

If they do end up canceling, how has RC handled the cancellations in the past?  You just get an email from them or travel agent saying you’re canceled, here’s your deposit, good luck on booking something else?  
I’ve found an acceptable replacement and the cabin I want is available, but I can’t book until I know for sure it’s canceled. A token FCC would help offset the airfare but that may be wishful thinking. 

27 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

If they do end up canceling, how has RC handled the cancellations in the past?  You just get an email from them or travel agent saying you’re canceled, here’s your deposit, good luck on booking something else?  
I’ve found an acceptable replacement and the cabin I want is available, but I can’t book until I know for sure it’s canceled. A token FCC would help offset the airfare but that may be wishful thinking. 

You are usually offered some options, like a full refund, OBC and price protection if you pick another sailing out of a very few they will list, or just OBC if you pick a sailing with no price protection.

37 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

It could be difficult providing alternatives in this case as there aren’t any comparable options from Galveston.

on a 7 day cruise balcony cabins and below are usually offered $200 in OBC if you transfer the reservation to a different sailing.  JS and above are offered $400. 

I just called RCL and was told that they do not have the dates for Royal Amp for Liberty yet so they were unable to confirm that as the reason the multiple sailings in Feb/Mar 2021 are not showing with any availability.  They did say it would be sometime in 2021 but not sure when they would have more info on the confirmed dates for dry dock. So we will keep our fingers crossed and wait....  

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any updates out? My TA said nothing seems out of the ordinary and the sail date is still open for booking.  Yet the sailings are unavailable on the RC website.  I don't have a lot of confidence in this TA btw.  Being a spring break week, I want to find an alternative sooner rather than later.   

8 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

Are there any updates out? My TA said nothing seems out of the ordinary and the sail date is still open for booking.  Yet the sailings are unavailable on the RC website.  I don't have a lot of confidence in this TA btw.  Being a spring break week, I want to find an alternative sooner rather than later.   

Sailings are still closed through the end of march.  No updates from royal.

• 4 weeks later...