Live Oasis December 1, 2019 with MrFunInTheSun

So, Friday night, I actually had trouble sleeping, the air conditioner cycling on and off really disturbed my sleep.  I tried putting on videos of ocean sounds, but, that didn't help.  I started wondering if there were videos of cats purring and there are!  I put one of them on and slept like a baby, 😴

Around noon, I headed back to Ironside to try out the cafe side of the business.

enhance

They had some nice looking croissants.

enhance

Cinnamon rolls.

enhance

I always say, serve me anything in a mason jar and I'll be happy.

enhance

I had the Egg Sandwich.  I never had salad with breakfast, but, okay.  I ate it.

enhance

• Like 1

After that, I decided to walk down to the CVS. 😛  I have some mobility issues, so I got worn out, even though it wasn't far.

Expert note for you whippersnappers: When you get tired, exclaim, Well, isn't that pretty and proceed to take a picture, admire the view for a few minutes.  That gives you time to rest and recover.

Unrelated to that, here is a picture of a creek.

enhance

I gathered my sundries and Ubered home.

Here's a few pictures of my Airbnb.  No pictures of the inside, I've already trashed the place.  

enhance

Dale, is that you?

I napped here, after my chilly swim, until the bugs started biting.

enhance

Really nice place, great host.

enhance

You duck hunters out there probably noticed, there's 2 ducks in the pool.

After that, I started working on my review, played on Facebook, etc.

When it was time for dinner, guess where I went again?  Yup!

I had the lasagna, it was dark outside, so, the picture didn't come out good, it was just meh.  The pizza really is the star of the show, here.

enhance

Back to the room.

enhance

Oh, side note: Check out the Airbnb keys, it's like they know me.

enhance

Self censoring, I know I'm gonna make Bob proud one day! 

Well, good night.  Dale want me to be on the ship at 10am, I usually like to go after the rooms are open, since I'm carrying wine and laptop, 2 great tastes that do NOT go great together!  We'll see how it plays out.  We have reservations for lunch at Chops at 12, so...🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

You can say that again. There are a lot of great live reviewers but nobody makes me laugh out loud more than Maureen (or TheDougOut on the NCL boards). 

Maureen, promise me you will not behave yourself. 

I agree except before Dr.Ho you were in my list too.

Maureen so glad that you are bringing us along.  You are already off to a great start.

Sorry to hear that you are unemployed. I hope if you retire your cruising doesn’t end.

That’s a very nice thing to do with your surprises on the cabin doors. This is something you have never mentioned before.  Sweet!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

eew. He does look alive. It looks like they have him in a cage, and he is bored. 

And those chocolate croissants look a little...disgusting. :classic_rolleyes:

I thought Nutmeg left some vomit on it. 🤔

• Haha 1

Sunday, Cruise Day! As I was getting packed up, I decided to do a little sketching, I hope you like it. 

I call it: Dale, a Study in Black and White.

enhance

This little doodad was also in my room.  It reminds me of something, but, I just can't place it...

enhance

I was running a little late when Dale texted to say we moved from Chops to Giovanni's. I got to the ship right after noon and got whisked right on board.  I made it in time for lunch.

I had the Calamari appetizer.

enhance

And, the Eggplant Parmesan.

enhance

They were both tasty.  While we were eating, they made the announcement that cabins were ready.

• Like 1

I have an Oceanview Balcony.  Apparently, my cabin was not one of the ones that was upgraded, but, it's still nice.  I like the ones with the bed by the balcony, they feel bigger to me.

enhance

My view while we were in port.

enhance

I brought along some magnets to decorate my door.  It's harder with those squiggly lines on the door.

enhance

One of my suitcases was already there, so, I got unpacked before I went to Muster.  After muster, we were meeting at the Wipe Out Bar for Sailaway.

• Like 2

A statue of me!  Apparently, I'm worshipped as a Goddess in Cozumel, after my many adventures there.

enhance

Also, me, when I first wake up in the morning.

enhance

Finally, I found everybody, more importantly, I found alcohol!  This is a Sexy Ocean.

enhance

The sun was setting as we made our way to Izumi. There were 11 of us in our group.

enhance

• Like 4

We found the pharmacy, this was giving me bad vibes.

enhance

They had a free charging station in there.

enhance

My salad at Izumi, my phone tagged this photo as being taken in Cadiz, Spain.  Wow, these ships are fast!  It would have been better if it tagged it as Tokyo.

enhance

I had the beef tenderloin, it was delicious.

enhance

And, assorted ice cream for dessert.

enhance

• Like 2

I'd been nursing a slight headache for a few days, so, after dinner I went back to my cabin to rest my eyes for a few minutes.  I dimmed the lights and enjoyed the quiet and took a t̶w̶o̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶  short nap.

When I woke up, I had already missed the start of the Aqua Show, so, I took off to try to see as much as possible.  In my haste, I left my cabin key in my room.  🤬

I saw most of the show, I'll try to get back to see it again.  It's a terrible picture, but, I was glad to see the slackline was still featured.

enhance

Just one guy, not two like I saw on Harmony.  I need to learn how to do it, I'd be awesome at it! 

Whoa, Nelly.

enhance

Hmmm, that's a lot of balloons up there...

enhance

Damn you, gravity!

enhance

The noise from everybody popping the balloons was fabulous!  

Eventually, I made it back to my room and decided to try out my new rubber wine glass.

enhance

So far, so good!  Tomorrow is a sea day, I'll have to see what's going on.  We're supposed to do an Unlimited Dining Hop tomorrow, but, Dale thinks we might not be let into all the venues.  We'll see, either way, we won't go hungry.🤓

• Like 2