Live Oasis December 1, 2019 with MrFunInTheSun

20 hours ago, Alter Ego said:

I see what you did there.  Intentional or subliminal?

(Seriously though, cute door and I hope you get lots of goodies in your stocking!)

100% intentional, I moved the Ho lower to see if anyone would make a donation to the ho . 🤓

18 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Isn't there supposed to be 3 Ho's??

What happened on Saturday? 

There were 3 hos, but, after several cruises, I'm the only ho left. 😛

Saturday was the day I had the egg sandwich, vomited on the croissants and went to CVS.  I know it's hard to monitor my wild and crazy life.  

13 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

WHERE THE HELL IS RHONDA? 

Rhonda now has custody of her 3 grandchildren.  She doesn't know when she will be able to cruise again.  Anyone in the Lynchburg area want to volunteer for childcare duty?

7 hours ago, BigNance said:

So glad someone mentioned your review on Sid's review! I'm trying not to crack up at work...

Now I have to look for all your previous reviews.  Unless they disappeared?  

The reviews are still there, but the pictures were apparently in disappearing ink, so, they are gone.  I don't think the reviews make sense without the pictures, I should probably delete them... That breaks my heart, though, especially my Holland America to Alaska.  Andrew, remember Sallie Sue?

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

WHERE THE HELL IS MAUREEN?  WHAT’S ANDY DOING TO HER?

She can’t be in the brig already, can she?

She could be, but, she's not. 

Monday-Sea Day- I went to bed at 4am, woke up around 6:30, peeked outside to see the sunrise.  I guess I was on the wrong side of the ship for that, this is what I saw.

enhance

There was a lot going on this morning.  The Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle was 9:30, we had a slot pull scheduled for 10 and I knew Dale liked to get breakfast at Johnny Rockets.  Some of you may remember, I prefer to sleep till about 11 or 12. (Hush, Tim).

So, I got up at 7:30 and headed to JR.

enhance

Pay attention to that woman on the right.  She seems sweet and innocent, but, she will soon become Public Enemy #1.

People were ziplining over us.

enhance

We were all chatting and making plans, etc when we finally realized, everyone else had eaten and left and we were still waiting for our food.  It was getting close to closing time (10am) when I waved over a manager to tell him we'd been waiting an hour for our food.  

Everyone was full of apologies, especially Public Enemy #1, they retook our order and we finally got our food, 26 minutes after they closed.

enhance

It was tasty, but, by this point, we had missed all the scheduled activities.

Andy and I decided to go on a romantic carousel ride.

enhance

We seem so happy here, but, later I would hear some disturbing rumours about his behavior.

• Like 2

I went back to my cabin and found this curiously worded letter.

enhance

"luggage that is not under your ownership"

Did they mean to say, luggage that is not yours, luggage that doesn't belong to you?  Luggage that is not under your ownership sounds like it was translated from English to German, to Japanese, to Sanskrit and back to English again.  It's ridiculous. 

The plan for today was to get out the 26 Acts and start getting the ducks out.  I didn't have as much to put in the bags as I wanted, my ill gotten trip to CVS didn't work out like I had planned.  I should have just went ahead and Ubered out to Walgr....never mind. 🤬  Some stones are better left unturned.   🤓 I  did put a duck in each bag, too, guaranteeing that they would be found and not thrown away by staff.

enhance

Andy helped me by attaching the rubber bracelets to each duck.

enhance

• Like 4

Look at them all, they're so cute!

enhance

You can't tell, but, the Bumble in the back is twice as big as the other ducks.  

Here are the bags ready to go.

enhance

I headed out to look for cabins that had door decorations, that's the only way to know if they were occupied for the week.  It's also a good indicator that the person is looking for a little silliness and might appreciate a gift bag.

Here's a picture of my redone Ho stocking.  Nothing yet. 😭

enhance

• Like 1

In my travels, I came across this beauty.  I can't tell you how much I love it.  The colors, the subject matter, I just love it!

enhance

It took 3 trips to give away all the bags and my feet were on fire. We were supposed to meet up at 3:30 for the UDP Hop, so, I grabbed a couple of ducks to hide on the way.  I liked this one that I left on the elevator.  He looked very cozy.

enhance

The plan was to start at Playmakers and make our way to every specialty restaurant.

This is handy.

enhance

I had a Goalpost Margarita.

enhance

These were the fries with garlic sauce and parmesan.

enhance

Buffalo wings.

enhance

Onion Ring Tower.

enhance

Jamaican Jerk wings.  

enhance

Nachos.

enhance

• Like 2

As you can see, that was a lot of food.  And, that is where the plan all went to Hell.

We weren't hungry, so, we decided to just drink instead of eat. 😝

We roamed around Playmakers, found Brady's jersey.  Since I was wearing my GOAT t-shirt, Dale thought I should stick my chest out as far as I could.  I'm not sure why...

enhance

Our drunk selves wandered into the candy store.

enhance

We rode the "Uber" for a while, the Rising Tide Bar.

enhance

In short order, we hit the Schooner Bar, the Bionic Bar and the English Pub, whatever that's called.

It got to be around 8pm and we realized we were hungry again, so, we went to Portside BBQ.

enhance

I got the ribs and chicken, mac n cheese , cornbread and chocolate brookie.

enhance

This was just entirely too much food.  They don't even try to put it on a plate, they just slap it right down on the tray like they're slopping hogs.

There, we ran into more members of our roll call and left with them to go back to the English Pub...and the Bionic Bar...and the "Uber".  A few of us decided to see if we could get into the 10:45 Aqua Show and we did.  We sat near the front and I got some better pictures.

Aerialists.

enhance

enhance

My favorite, the slackline.

enhance

enhance

• Like 3

This little girl decided she was there to see a show, and if she had to get wet to see it, oh well.

enhance

enhance

When you're trying to watch a show and some jerk on a tightrope just has to walk over you.

enhance

My little friend was still up there enjoying the front row.

enhance

So, that was the day, it's all a drunken blur.  At some point, we lost Dale.  We stopped at Sorrentos for a slice and then retreated to our cabins.  Tomorrow's a big day, Labadee and Dale has a special surprise in store for us. 

• Like 2

I think the 26 Acts of Kindness is so sweet and, like someone else commented, I don’t remember you mentioning it before. In general, I don’t think I’ve even heard of this before.  Where do you get the cards to include in your bags?

I saw Andy’s indiscretions on the other thread. A boy sees some pineapples and goes a little crazy.  You’re too good for him (Ho status notwithstanding)

When do you sleep???  Slightly fascinated looking at your posting times...

5 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

😝

It got to be around 8pm and we realized we were hungry again, so, we went to Portside BBQ.

enhance

I got the ribs and chicken, mac n cheese , cornbread and chocolate brookie.

enhance

This was just entirely too much food.  They don't even try to put it on a plate, they just slap it right down on the tray like they're slopping hogs.

Did you enjoy Port side BBQ? How were your ribs? I read on another site that they were too dry. I love ribs so was hoping they were good.

I lived in Roanoke, VA for 15 years so I totally get your moral majority reference. I moved to South Carolina recently. Out of the frying pan into the fire☺

I love the ducks!!! And, your random acts of kindness are awesome!  It looks like y'all are having a good time.  I have to catch up on MrFunintheSun's review also....

Love the margarita and tower of onion rings!!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

On 12/2/2019 at 2:27 AM, maureencruiser said:

Just one guy, not two like I saw on Harmony.  I need to learn how to do it, I'd be awesome at it! 

They said the week before there was an accident 😫 and one of the slackline guys was recovering from it..so I think there's supposed to be two of them eventually!