“Free” drink package on ncl

Keltag

16 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Yes it does.  I don’t think there are any beers that are more than $15.  Most are around $9 so you are good to go there.  It does not include specialty coffees.

Does it include Gatorade type beverages 

On this topic.  We are bringing my 20 year old daughter with us on an upcoming cruise and one of our perks is the "free" drink package.  it's my understanding that everyone in the cabin gets this, but my daughter is underage.   Does she get some sort of modified package instead where she'll get soda and bottled water only?  Or is she just ineligible?  I want to know if I would then need to purchase a soda package for her

Just now, steveknj said:

On this topic.  We are bringing my 20 year old daughter with us on an upcoming cruise and one of our perks is the "free" drink package.  it's my understanding that everyone in the cabin gets this, but my daughter is underage.   Does she get some sort of modified package instead where she'll get soda and bottled water only?  Or is she just ineligible?  I want to know if I would then need to purchase a soda package for her

She will be ineligible since she is under age per the cruiseline. It will only be for those that are 21 and over. I don't believe she gets a "modified package" at all.

4 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

She will be ineligible since she is under age per the cruiseline. It will only be for those that are 21 and over. I don't believe she gets a "modified package" at all.

Thanks for this.  I'll look into the soda package for her then.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steveknj said:

Your daughter doesn't get anything.   The drink package perk is for guests 1 and 2 only, not everyone in the cabin.

8 minutes ago, steveknj said:

Thanks for this.  I'll look into the soda package for her then.

Only the first 2 in the cabin get the beverage package, if she was the #2 passenger she’d get the soda package. You can sign a waiver so she can order beer and wine, to be paid for oop.

if your read the fine print aka the terms and conditions it says this about the drink package:

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Premium Beverage Package.
Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.
Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 retail price.
Includes fountain soda, juice, and non-alcoholic beer.
Does not include: Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights, Starbucks, Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.
Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Edited by shof515
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

Yes it does.  I don’t think there are any beers that are more than $15.  Most are around $9 so you are good to go there.  It does not include specialty coffees.

There are a few beers in the District Brew House over $15.00.