New to Carnival

Kriazerie

We're usually loyal RCL cruisers, but Carnival is the only line with short cruises out of California, so we're trying something new! I have a few questions though... 

1. Can you cancel and rebook excursions bought online? Are there any restrictions on this? 

2. We are on a 3 night cruise, when would chefs table typically be? Or do they have them every night?  

3. Are prices typically better online, or is there ever a benefit to waiting until we're on the ship to book (excursions, chefs table, spa, etc.) 

Thanks so much! 

3 hours ago, Kriazerie said:

We're usually loyal RCL cruisers, but Carnival is the only line with short cruises out of California, so we're trying something new! I have a few questions though... 

1. Can you cancel and rebook excursions bought online? Are there any restrictions on this? 

2. We are on a 3 night cruise, when would chefs table typically be? Or do they have them every night?  

3. Are prices typically better online, or is there ever a benefit to waiting until we're on the ship to book (excursions, chefs table, spa, etc.) 

Thanks so much! 

1.  Yes you can.  If you cancel, your credit card will be credited but not immediately.  If you rebook, your card will be charged right away.  If I remember correctly, you can make changes online right up until the day before your cruise.

2.  Sorry, I can't answer that one.

3.  Cheers package is $5.00 per person per day cheaper if booked online before cruise.  WiFi:  Social Package $6.80 prior, $8.00 onboard.  Value Package $10.20 prior, $12 onboard.  Premium Package $14.45 prior, $17 onboard.  (Per day).  If there's an excursion that you are really interested in, don't wait until you are onboard.  The popular ones sell out quite fast.  The chefs table is limited to just a few people so it sells out fast.

• Like 1

The spa can be a real mixed bag, quality and service vary a lot from ship to ship so I recommend against pre-booking anything plus the pre-booking system with the spa has some serious flaws (check my video below for a horror story). I recommend taking the spa tour on the first day and if you get a good vibe THEN book.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 6:37 PM, CoW mAn said:

The spa can be a real mixed bag, quality and service vary a lot from ship to ship so I recommend against pre-booking anything plus the pre-booking system with the spa has some serious flaws (check my video below for a horror story). I recommend taking the spa tour on the first day and if you get a good vibe THEN book.

To get in on the spa raffle, do you have to take the spa tour when it's listed on the Fun Times or can you just take it anytime between the time listed and the drawing?

23 minutes ago, caribsun said:

Please don't compare a 7 day Royal cruise with a 3 day Carnival cruise. 

Don't compare any 3 night cruise  on any cruise line , to a 7 night on any cruise line.

One is a leisurely  cruise and the other is ship tour  .

Edited by MCC retired
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, MCC retired said:

Don't compare any 3 night cruise  on any cruise line , to a 7 night on any cruise line.

One is a leisurely  cruise and the other is ship tour  .

I constantly hear how 3 day cruises, especially on Carnival, are booze cruises. That has definitely not been our experience. We have done a lot of cruises over the last several years ranging from 3 - 8 days. By far the biggest booze cruise we experienced was a 7 day cruise on Breeze.   I don’t know if it was the timeframe, it was over the 4th of July, but that was the biggest party scene I have experienced on any Carnival ship. We had a great time on that cruise, it definitely took the word “fun” to a new level.