Hump vs. Aft Cabin

Aft balcony vs. Hump balcony  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose onboard Independence of the Seas?

• Cabin 9406 Aft Balcony
    • Cabin 7338 Hump Balcony

It's personal preference.

Hump is great for convenience to stairs/elevators and more dramatic view forward and aft from balcony.

Aft is great for large balcony and less traffic in the corridor at the expense of a long walk.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

Hump balconies aren’t that much bigger than a regular balcony. Aft balconies are huge. Shorter walk for the hump, depends what your looking for. 

That depends on the ship.  It's true for Voyager/Freedom clas ships.  However Oasis class hump balconies are significantly larger than other side facing balconies.  Some Radiance class hump balconies are also larger than similar category side facing balconies.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That depends on the ship.  It's true for Voyager/Freedom clas ships.  However Oasis class hump balconies are significantly larger than other side facing balconies.  Some Radiance class hump balconies are also larger than similar category side facing balconies.

The pole was about Independence so that why I posted that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

The superstructure on the back of a Freedom Class ship takes a bit away from the view. On the 9th deck you are above much of it, but look straight down on the balconies below. Very little privacy. I'd go for the hump.

Agree....don't like the aft cabins on that class of ship, for that same reason.  

Honestly it’s a personal choice. I’ve had both and it’s not that I didn’t like the aft I didn’t like not being able to see where we were going. I much prefer to be able to look out the balcony to my left and my right , where were going and where we’ve been. 
The hump is a nice size , I go with the hump .  

• Like 1

We have had both, and as others have said, they both have pros & cons.  In the end we prefer hump or any other side facing balcony to aft facing balcony. I like tike to be on the rail and look down and from side to side at the water. Just feel more connected to the sea.