Jane McDonald’s Cruising Down Under programme starts on SBS on 16 Dec

Watched the final show last night and was a little sad it was finished. I quite enjoyed the manner of presentation and also that it took in many of the shore activities that are asked about in this forum. Uluru, Cable Beach, Great Barrier Reef, snorkeling etc.. One could also sense that the presentation was squarely aimed at a UK audience but I reckon it would also go down well with in North American from where we seem to get most enquiries.

On 12/20/2019 at 2:11 PM, NSWP said:

Not forgetting by her own admission she was a singer on the cruise ships a few 'decades ago.'   She never lets you forget that bit.🤩

Still and all she is a laugh and entertaining in my opinion.  She should cruise with Princess and join up with the Princess Pop Choir (passenger choir.)  I would do a duet with her.1332204061_Santa-dance1_www.free-avatars.com(1).gif.9370a3df28e60095ff2443f5565d6079.gif

Yeah, I am sure she will go along with that if there is a laugh in it.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Watched the final show last night and was a little sad it was finished. I quite enjoyed the manner of presentation and also that it took in many of the shore activities that are asked about in this forum. Uluru, Cable Beach, Great Barrier Reef, snorkeling etc.. One could also sense that the presentation was squarely aimed at a UK audience but I reckon it would also go down well with in North American from where we seem to get most enquiries.

SBS on demand has the Xmas special on as well, you may need to do a search for it.

I got annoyed watching the show last night as some of it was wrong.  I was on that same cruise and she got the order of ports wrong.  We went from Geraldton to Broome and then Exmouth on the return.  Yet on the program she said she disembarked at Broome.  She was right that we had to skip Exmouth but had she disembarked in Broome she wouldnt have been able to film the captain's announcement about not going into Exmouth!!   Also the cruise down to Albany and then the one to Broome were back to back cruises so she couldn't have visited the east coast in between as the program showed.  

I have really enjoyed her program, one of the few on tv where there is no violence, politics, sex etc and no attempt to ram her individual views down our throats.

The main thing is whether or not she encouraged anyone from the UK to visit Australia. I think she did.

4 hours ago, patch nine said:

I got annoyed watching the show last night as some of it was wrong.  I was on that same cruise and she got the order of ports wrong.  We went from Geraldton to Broome and then Exmouth on the return.  Yet on the program she said she disembarked at Broome.  She was right that we had to skip Exmouth but had she disembarked in Broome she wouldnt have been able to film the captain's announcement about not going into Exmouth!!   Also the cruise down to Albany and then the one to Broome were back to back cruises so she couldn't have visited the east coast in between as the program showed.  

Sounds like poetic licence may have been used.

2 hours ago, jland said:

I have really enjoyed her program, one of the few on tv where there is no violence, politics, sex etc and no attempt to ram her individual views down our throats.

The main thing is whether or not she encouraged anyone from the UK to visit Australia. I think she did.

Not just to visit Australia but to do a cruise here as well.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:06 AM, lyndarra said:

Part 1 of 4 on the 6 th, Australia and New Zealand,maybe it’s the one on The Majestic 

hope so.

Cheers Carole

On 1/5/2020 at 5:20 PM, MicCanberra said:

Excellent.

As usual, I forgot it was on last night until half way through. Entertaining to watch. It looked like a HAL ship this time but which one?

8 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

As usual, I forgot it was on last night until half way through. Entertaining to watch. It looked like a HAL ship this time but which one?

Noordam I think but I’m sure someone will confirm that 

I liked the episode - more time at sea and around the ship - same format as her normal series 

I was surprised she didn't know what a wombat is🤔. I guess it is one of those things you take for granted as common knowledge living in Australia🤗.  Though someone should have told her if it had been a bat it would be called a wirambi. Now that would really confuse her😂.

Edited by ilikeanswers

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I was surprised she didn't know what a wombat is🤔. I guess it is one of those things you take for granted as common knowledge living in Australia🤗.  Though someone should have told her if it had been a bat it would be called a wirambi. Now that would really confuse her😂.

That would be more like her line any way, she does like a fruit bat.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

OT for a second.

What's a Combat Wombat?