Lunch Times

Does anyone else feel that Royal should open restaurants for lunch a little bit earlier?  I was just on Oasis last week and had an awesome time.  However, I noticed all the lunch restaurants either open up at 11:30 or noon.  Both the Park Cafe and El Loco Fresh developed lines of people waiting for them to open up at 12.  I think if RCI pushed the 11:30 restaurants to 11 and the noon restaurants to 11:30 it would be helpful.  They could even cut the last half hour of operation since most of the lunch restaurants are pretty empty near the end.  I was travelling with my two kids who are always hungry so maybe this is unique to me, just wanted to get others take on it.

• Like 2

Been on Royal ship's since 1980's, 11:30 is the usual with Breakfast until 11 then change over time (WJ). Rare but have had couple at 11 but not in yrs.... Last couple yrs WJ Dinner is only 2.5-3hrs usually closing at 8:30pm

Edited by ONECRUISER

37 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

No , I think the staff already work too much , They probably already on duty somewhere or on a short break doing there ironing of there uniform , You will not starve waiting 30 minute's .😲

More to the point, SOME places are open, e.g., the Windjammer. 

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you can get breakfast until 11,  can you really not wait until 11:30 or noon for lunch?!?!?!?!?

Just my 2cents but some people like me don't eat breakfast. Most breakfast foods such as eggs, syrup sausage make me sick. And most days I'm just not feeling like eating at breakfast times. so I like an earlier lunch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

Just my 2cents but some people like me don't eat breakfast. Most breakfast foods such as eggs, syrup sausage make me sick. And most days I'm just not feeling like eating at breakfast times. so I like an earlier lunch.

Same here.

3 minutes ago, deepcman said:

I guess you also want them to start serving dinner at 4 pm along with early bird specials.  

Or how about all day breakfast. 24 hour diner. Burgers at 9:00 am. It's all been done on land, so why not at sea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deepcman said:

I guess you also want them to start serving dinner at 4 pm along with early bird specials.  

It's getting there. For years Earliest Dinner on Royal was 6:30pm, now Early Main Dining at 5:30, with MTD at 5pm on some ship/sailings. Back then Second Seating Main Dining was 8:45-10:30pm, with show at 10:45 and Midnite Buffet EVERY NITE! Now they have 24hr eating, back then 2-2.5hr blocks at Main, WJ,, then closed until next Block. I remember 24yrs ago I wanted eat at 14 separate meal times on the ship, enough to say each was a meal. Was already burning out by Tea Time(back when they had it) but still ate 9 of 14 scheduled meals that day.

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Or how about all day breakfast. 24 hour diner. Burgers at 9:00 am. It's all been done on land, so why not at sea.

Been able get 24hr Breakfast items at Micky D's yrs and some BK items for over 20yrs. But I being a Teen having to wait until 11am for them start serving Burgers

13 hours ago, cb at sea said:

I think the buffet and dining room should simply be open from breakfast to after dinner....If you get there too early for lunch, you get breakfast fare.....it would really spread out the masses...especially on the larger ships!

Buffet is pretty much that way now.

Closes for 30 minutes to switch over.