Anthem diamond plus lounge

treasurer

14 hours ago, seadays4me said:

Just off the Anthem today.  I asked the Concierge about this and he told me that beginning Jan.  5th, the Concierge Lounge will only be for pinnacle club members and Grand Suite guests and above only.  That's all cruises after that date. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

5 hours ago, LXA350 said:

RCCL shows loyality to it's upper tiers in some ways, but at the end the ones that bring most revenues are the Suite passengers and you need to make sure to satisfy them. The company will benefit much more from a Suite passenger cruising once a year than a top tier that cruises in inside cabins.

Exactly.  RCI is a for-profit-company.  They're gonna do what gives them the best bottom line.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Are they still swiping cards in some DL's when getting a drink for "inventory" purposes?

We did a B2B on the Freedom March 2019. Our Sea Pass cards weren't scanned on either leg in the DL. 

Edited by davekathy

23 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

As I read here and on FB about just how many cruises are sending out these notices, I am being swayed towards Biker's stated viewpoint.

I don't think that all of these cruises *really* have all that many top tier cruisers that allowing D+ into the CL is a serious concern.

I think that they are easing us into their new reality.

So, I'll stir the pot a little.  If this is a move to restrict all CLs to exclude D+ (with or without formally renaming them "SL"), how far away can kicking out D members entirely, and just granting them the three daily vouchers?

Agree.  You have to believe there is a plan no matter how baffling actions taken by RCL mgmt. can be at times.  The 3-drink vouchers, the transition from CLs to SLs, and now these reports of D+ not being admitted to CL on certain cruises.  I tend to agree with Carol that the notion that all of these cruises are heavily populated by top tier is a bit suspect.  It comes down to this:  small steps get you to where you want to go just as large steps do.  Changing name plates outside of doors is not a hard thing  to do and wouldn't take very long.  Can you imagine the pushback if back then--when did they roll out the 3-drink vouchers on sea passes, 2014?-- RCL came out and said:  Starting (date), all CLs will be SLs and only suite guests will be admitted.  All Ps and D+s will have use of the DL (or whatever name it would be given) and will have 3-drinks on their cards.  Ds will now only have 3-drinks loaded on their cards?   There has been pushback, or has there been?  A lot of discussion on CC.  But how many have stopped cruising RCL because they made these changes, because that is really what would concern RCL mgmt.  Here's a thought:  Will there be a day when there will be a SL and only a SL? 

The number of suite guests on a cruise is limited by the number of suites. I also find it hard to believe that there are suddenly a zillion pinnacle members on every cruise. On my recent Anthem the lovely deck 12 aft lounge was uncrowded every night. 
And I find it hard to believe that the Dubai itineraries will be ram jammed full of pinnacles either. 

However, X have unlimited drinks at the bars between 5-7, thus negating the need to go into a special room. Perhaps that is the way to get around it. 
Then they can turn the lounges into more cabins... 🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

The number of suite guests on a cruise is limited by the number of suites. I also find it hard to believe that there are suddenly a zillion pinnacle members on every cruise. On my recent Anthem the lovely deck 12 aft lounge was uncrowded every night. 
And I find it hard to believe that the Dubai itineraries will be ram jammed full of pinnacles either. 

However, X have unlimited drinks at the bars between 5-7, thus negating the need to go into a special room. Perhaps that is the way to get around it. 
Then they can turn the lounges into more cabins... 🤷‍♀️

It's not the number of Pinnacles it's the number of D+ cruisers that is affecting access to the CL. We're just off Jewel in Dubai from the Suez Canal cruise. CL was Pinnacle/Suite guests only. Jewel is still sailing from Dubai and the current cruise D+ have CL access.......the cruise after that they won't. 

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was thinking of a suggestion for quantum class to put a diamond lounge up in the seaplex like they have in odyssey with playmaker.

But during happy hour the ship would be unstable.

A few of those attending the DL after a few hours are unstable. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I was thinking of a suggestion for quantum class to put a diamond lounge up in the seaplex like they have in odyssey with playmaker.

But during happy hour the ship would be unstable.

Confused.  From what I can see from the Odyssey deck plans DL is still on deck 4.  CL moved to deck 13. 

13 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We will find out on the Grandeur in Feb. 😋

I admit the CLs are very nice esp. on the Anthem, but not a majorly painful loss as Carol put it in her post above.  And what really amuses me is that all the complainers keep coming back to Royal again and again and again! LOL! We are well diversified.....it happens on all cruise lines.....someone is not happy with some cut back or the other and I get it, yes but,  I am just happy to be on a cruise and I try to focus on that.

I just got off the Grandeur, and D+ were definitely allowed in the CL.  And it was empty most of the time.  After the first night (or maybe two), they didn't even open up the overflow area, and Grandeur's CL is quite small.

And there were lots of top tier on board, including 35 Pinnacles, which is HUGE for a ship that small.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Confused.  From what I can see from the Odyssey deck plans DL is still on deck 4.  CL moved to deck 13. 

I know but,Odyssey has playmaker in seaplex.

on the other side would be ideal for a diamond lounge.

just a thought.

Edited by Chiliburn