Cruise Itinerary Maps

budman1000

Hello and Merry Christmas!

It seems that the Cruise lines no longer make/use Cruise Itinerary maps. It has been getting harder to find maps for some of the new itineraries.

Just wondering if anyone has found a map program that will make these types of maps for Cruising. I have been unable to find route maps that 

will do travel over the water. Note: I have attached an example of the type of map I am looking to make. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Budman1000

BR_British_Isles_12n 8900809 15May18.jpg

Many still do when you look at the different itineraries offered on their websites.  What has evolved along with the maps with many is a more detailed web page with day by day description of the itinerary, which frequently include suggested activities and sightseeing in each port of call.

What cruise line is the OP referring to?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

8 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Many still do when you look at the different itineraries offered on their websites.  What has evolved along with the maps with many is a more detailed web page with day by day description of the itinerary, which frequently include suggested activities and sightseeing in each port of call.

What cruise line is the OP referring to?

What I shared was just the drawing. Here's the whole link

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/baltic-cruises/stockholm-to-amsterdam-MNA200908/\\

I hope OP will report back.

I toss out the cruise mailings I get that do not show route maps. I will at least glance at the mailings with route maps, I like them. What I miss are the simple itineraries on cruise line websites. Instead of a simple list, the itinerary is only viewable a few ports at a time with a lot of scrolling involved. Holland America's website now invites me to explore an interactive map one port at a time. Of all the stupid... The list view shows three ports at a time, with an opportunity to click to read more (and scroll some more) after the first four ports. Cunard and Seabourn have the same irritating website format.

Thankfully, travel agent websites have clear, simple route maps and lists of ports.

Edited by whogo
  • Like 1

Thanks to all that have replied. I usually sail RCCL and for the past couple of years they have stopped using the maps with their itineraries. I have been able to use google to search for map itineraries but with the new itineraries that are coming out it is becoming difficult to find. I was hoping to make my own but so far I have not been able to find an app or a program that would let me make one from port to port (land routes only).

Use Google Earth to generate a geographic of the area and save

Print - in large format if desired - if you don't have access to a large format printer try Staples or the like .... they can print BIG

then get out your sharpie!

OR

import graphic to paint or something similar and draw lines add words, pictures anything you'd like and THEN print . . .

IME every cruise I've taken in the last 10 years there was SOME FORM of itin' map on the web site .... copy and print . . . I often copy and put in Holiday 'newsletters' .... dreaded Holiday newsletters!

well, strike that ... I just pulled up a random RCCL cruise as if to book and NO MAP ...... so my DIY applies. altho I'd say this is new ...... and perhaps not COMMON to other lines  ... example

Photo of a map showing the destinations of the current itinerary.

Edited by Capt_BJ

52 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I just copy the itinerary map directly from the cruiseline website, usually.

I guess I'm confused. I thought OP was saying that they're not on the cruiseline website.  ?

Looking back at HAL, I see the overview map is there. If the area covered is large, as per our 28-day cruise coming up, the detail is quite small. I guess that was what I was thinking of. 

Recently, trying to answer someone's question about a western Caribbean cruise on another line (but I do not remember which line), I had to find the map off-site, using CC's Find a Cruise, in fact.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, Capt_BJ said:

Use Google Earth to generate a geographic of the area and save

Print - in large format if desired - if you don't have access to a large format printer try Staples or the like .... they can print BIG

then get out your sharpie!

OR

import graphic to paint or something similar and draw lines add words, pictures anything you'd like and THEN print . . .

IME every cruise I've taken in the last 10 years there was SOME FORM of itin' map on the web site .... copy and print . . . I often copy and put in Holiday 'newsletters' .... dreaded Holiday newsletters!

well, strike that ... I just pulled up a random RCCL cruise as if to book and NO MAP ...... so my DIY applies. altho I'd say this is new ...... and perhaps not COMMON to other lines  ... example

Photo of a map showing the destinations of the current itinerary.

Neat map - is this what you are able to get out of just using Google Earth? I'll probably play around with it myself, but did you use any particular setting?