Punch a hole in my Sea Pass?

Ren1216

Seems a lot has changed since our last RC cruise.  Can I still punch a hole in my Sea Pass to wear on a lanyard OR do I need to use a protective sleeve and keep the card in tact?  Harmony, if it matters.

Edited by Ren1216

3 hours ago, Ren1216 said:

Seems a lot has changed since our last RC cruise.  Can I still punch a hole in my Sea Pass to wear on a lanyard OR do I need to use a protective sleeve and keep the card in tact?  Harmony, if it matters.

You can punch a hole but only if you know where to do so - there's an antenna wire running along the edge of the card about 1/4" in. Better go with the sleeve.

• Thanks 1

Surprising that, with all the folks who want holes punched, they have not yet redesigned the card to come automatically with holes.

Our last cruise on HAL, there was already a hole in one end of the card when it was handed to us for attaching to lanyards with clips.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Surprising that, with all the folks who want holes punched, they have not yet redesigned the card to come automatically with holes.

Our last cruise on HAL, there was already a hole in one end of the card when it was handed to us for attaching to lanyards with clips.

I always thought the same thing.  Guess they have a warehouse full of card with no holes and they want to go through them first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msmayor said:

Ovation did have card stock with pre punched holes, so some ships do have that.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies.  I'll grab some of the card sleeves just in case.  When I make a purchase (drink, whatever), think I'll actually need to pull it out of the sleeve?  Not sure if they have to swipe it... or if it has a bar code...

7 hours ago, squaremimi said:

I was on Harmony a couple weeks ago and wanted to punch a hole on the seapass card, was told I couldn't do that.

I was told the same thing on Harmony in October.  I had brought my own lanyard but not a sleeve so wound up buying a RC lanyard with the sleeve.

32 minutes ago, Ren1216 said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I'll grab some of the card sleeves just in case.  When I make a purchase (drink, whatever), think I'll actually need to pull it out of the sleeve?  Not sure if they have to swipe it... or if it has a bar code...

You don't need to pull it out the sleeve.  On the ships with RFID, they place the card on a sensor pad that can detect the card from inside a sleeve.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2019 at 5:30 AM, Biker19 said:

You can punch a hole but only if you know where to do so - there's an antenna wire running along the edge of the card about 1/4" in. Better go with the sleeve.

I tried and failed on Harmony last year😓

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

We were on Allure in July and couldn’t punch our cards.  What’s an RFID card?

The card has a special chip inside so it can open stateroom doors by placing it close to the door lock.  Punching a hole in the wrong place on an RFID card can destroy the circuitry.