Have the D+ cruisers been kicked out of all the Concierge lounges?

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree my DS friend....we prefer the DL to the CL on Freedom and Vision class.  Though we like the DL on Radiance sisters, we prefer and would miss the half circle bar that is in the CL.  Most of the time it seems the DL is nuts (even with overflow) in the DL versus the CL on the Radiance ladies.  

Looking forward to your report on how you liked the DL on Rhapsody...we love that lounge!  🙂  And hopefully Alan will still be there when you board!  🍷🥂😎

Like you we're all about the big ceiling to floor windows in the lounges. Sooo, does that mean on the way into and leaving the DL will I have to stop and shake my groove thing at the Shall We Dance lounge. 😎🍷

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Like you we're all about the big ceiling to floor windows in the lounges. Sooo, does that mean on the way into and leaving the DL will I have to stop and shake my groove thing at the Shall We Dance lounge. 😎🍷

LOL...once again you made me laugh out loud on that one! 🤣

Yes, my DS friend, it is a requirement that you "shake your booty" on the way in and out of the DL....conveniently located way into the back corner so you have to travel alllll the way through the Shall We Dance to get there.  And of course you know that Bucky just has to do that.  😄 

One of the best DLs to visit....the CL is totally "ho-hum" on Rhapsody ...IMHO. No loss if DS are kicked out of there.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...once again you made me laugh out loud on that one! 🤣

Yes, my DS friend, it is a requirement that you "shake your booty" on the way in and out of the DL....conveniently located way into the back corner so you have to travel alllll the way through the Shall We Dance to get there.  And 

of course you know that Bucky just has to do that.  😄 

One of the best DLs to visit.  🙂 

I do have the moon walk perfected. So not to get scolded for going off topic(😏), we will plan on visiting the CL also if D+ are still allowed in 2021. 

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I do have the moon walk perfected. So not to get scolded for going off topic(😏), we will plan on visiting the CL also if D+ are still allowed in 2021. 

Yes, hopefully your card will work...and hopefully you will still be allowed in.  It is a nice place to hang out while we are waiting for our cabin to open.  Just don't like the layout very well.  But then again...2021 is a long way off.  We will be on in a few weeks...will let you know if we are allowed in.  

I am looking forward to seeing your Moon Walk some day.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

It was March 30, 2009.... I remember the date distinctly as it was the day I turned D!!!!!

In that September they introduced the Diamond Event with that trolley and bubbles and wine!

It will be interesting to see if the D+ are allowed in the CL or not on the unpopular, not selling well, Dubai cruises..!

From someone on Jewel now. This week D+ has access to the C lounge but not for next week due to higher amount of members. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

This week D+ has access to the C lounge but not for next week due to higher amount of members. 

But that claim from RCI could be a very subjective thing - RCI might think (as perhaps some on CC) that one D+ is too high a number.

Biker, who is disappointed no one has picked up on his invented NSPD+ meme.

Edited by Biker19

On 12/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, island lady said:

What you are seeing is the workings of the current (and fairly new) Concierge in the CL, ....Kumar.  He has tried several times to kick out the D+ from the CL....with no signage change...nada.   There was so much howling on my last Rhapsody cruise, he had to relent and let them in.  Sad he is still up to those tricks.  

On the other hand, Alan...who used to be concierge in the CL...had moved to the DL on deck six.  He is a far superior Concierge (IMHO).   Also...we actually preferred the DL to the CL...love that sweeping view off the aft, with lots of room for overflow in the "Shall we Dance" lounge.  Not a fan of the layout in the CL on Rhapsody.  

I agree with this. WE were on for Thanksgiving and he had the D+ in the VCL only and our cards didn’t work in the CL door. He did come out for 5 minutes at the start of happy hour but you could tell he didn’t want to be out there. His card even says suite concierge  He did give coffee cards since you could not use the CL but between him and the LA on our cruise I could tell no one cared. We didn’t get notice about the bridge tour and boy they tried to pass the buck between the two of them for most of the cruise. Sounds like we should of tried the DL.   

• Clarea locked this topic