ez air question

mycruisey

I have had an ongoing conversation with various princess reps regarding the rules for flexible fares with ezair. 

On the travel page in the cruise personalizer it clearly states among other things that there are:

"No Change Fees: up to 45 days prior to your flight"

However when you click on this link:  https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/ezAirDetails.page

it states that there are no change fees up to 45 days prior to departure.  This is contradictory to me.  I have a flight post cruise on February 19 which is clearly more than 45 days from now.  However they are insisting that since it is 41 days until departure on my cruise, I would have to incur change fees for this flight.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I always thought it was cruise departure, but somebody else posted just a few days ago that if you take an early flight prior to the cruise—arriving several days before the cruise—its 45 days before that.  

I suppose this means it’s 45 days before any departure, whichever comes first.

Below is one of the actual Terms and Conditions that appear at the bottom of the Princess flexible air confirmation received through our T.A.. There are actually 10 fine print statements. The first one is the one that I think applies to your situation. The advertising messages "No Change Fees:up to 45 days prior to your flight" and "Cancel flexible airfare up to 45 days prior to departure with no fees" are misleading with departure a fuzzy date and flight date not always the final deadline.

Actual Terms & Conditions

“No fees will be charged for changes and cancellations made more than 45 days from the outbound flight date or sail departure date (whichever is earlier)”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skynight said:

“No fees will be charged for changes and cancellations made more than 45 days from the outbound flight date or sail departure date (whichever is earlier)”

This is likely what to go by as it is quite clear.

14 hours ago, skynight said:

Below is one of the actual Terms and Conditions that appear at the bottom of the Princess flexible air confirmation received through our T.A.. There are actually 10 fine print statements. The first one is the one that I think applies to your situation. The advertising messages "No Change Fees:up to 45 days prior to your flight" and "Cancel flexible airfare up to 45 days prior to departure with no fees" are misleading with departure a fuzzy date and flight date not always the final deadline.

Thanks Skynight.   I cannot find this statement anywhere on my paperwork,  but I believe that it clarifies my question.  

• 2 weeks later...

i have made payment of my flights but I am 104days out on my cruise.   i found lower price flights if I did a flight quote on my cruise but the lower price flights does not appear when I do add /modify.  Should I cancel my flights and rebook and hope to get access to the lower priced flights?  Has anyone have this experience?

I made payment before 45 days so I could upgrade using miles and money. Making payment took me out of EZ-air and I am now under the airline rules. This was great for me as I really wanted to upgrade. But I can no longer make changes without going through the airline. I think you may be in a similar situation.

11 minutes ago, yappielovetocruise said:

i have made payment of my flights but I am 104days out on my cruise.   i found lower price flights if I did a flight quote on my cruise but the lower price flights does not appear when I do add /modify.  Should I cancel my flights and rebook and hope to get access to the lower priced flights?  Has anyone have this experience?

This is the reason I say don't rely on a mock booking to compare fights/prices.

There are times when you are actually ready to change in your booking they cannot be found.

It is very easy and quick to check/change flights through your EZ Air booking.

We never pay for flights ahead of time either.

When you pay for the flights it can create issues trying to make changes and get refunds. 

12 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

To OP: Did you book flight TO first cruise and flight FROM second cruise as a round trip or two separate One Way flights ?

If it is one booking on a b2b then you cannot book 2 one ways. Has to be a 1 one way or a R/T.

If they are separate bookings with 2 booking #'s then yes 2 one ways could be booked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If it is one booking on a b2b then you cannot book 2 one ways. Has to be a 1 one way or a R/T.

If they are separate bookings with 2 booking #'s then yes 2 one was can be booked.

Thanks for clarification.