Suite guarantee

lizinindy

I hope I haven’t been foolish to book a suite guarantee since we’ll probably end up with one under the Oceanview Cafe. I didn’t do my homework before I pulled the trigger and now I realize there are suites on the 12th floor of our S class ship. What a stupid place to put suites! We had a concierge cabin on the 12th floor of the Equinox earlier this year and the noise factor was really bothersome. Hubs and I would sit up in bed and say, “what could they possibly be doing up there!” Maybe, when they “revolutionize” the ship, they will address this problem somehow.....but I don’t have high hopes. We complained about the noise to the hotel manager at the Cruise Critic get together on the Equinox and she sent us a bottle of wine. I guess we were meant to slug back a few before bed so we wouldn’t notice! Hahahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

I hope I haven’t been foolish to book a suite guarantee since we’ll probably end up with one under the Oceanview Cafe. I didn’t do my homework before I pulled the trigger and now I realize there are suites on the 12th floor of our S class ship. What a stupid place to put suites! We had a concierge cabin on the 12th floor of the Equinox earlier this year and the noise factor was really bothersome. Hubs and I would sit up in bed and say, “what could they possibly be doing up there!” Maybe, when they “revolutionize” the ship, they will address this problem somehow.....but I don’t have high hopes. We complained about the noise to the hotel manager at the Cruise Critic get together on the Equinox and she sent us a bottle of wine. I guess we were meant to slug back a few before bed so we wouldn’t notice! Hahahaha!

I have suite guarantee on the Edge. Hope I haven't made a mistake. 

I truly think a suite guarantee is great- on the edge, you might- but not necessarily, get an S3.  The location, under the Magic carpet isn't great- however the suite perks are worth it!  You will love the suite sun deck, complete with a small pool, hot tub, bar and restaurant- the suite lounge, priority boarding, disembarkation, butler and other wonderful amenities- including Lumanie for dining.  You could also get an S2 or S1 with better locations-  Don't worry about noise!

The suite itself is a good size, you will not trip over your partner- Enjoy every minute of it!  

13 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

Well..sure enough, when I checked my cruise manager today, we were assigned the suite under the oceanview cafe. Oh well...not gonna stop us from having a ball! I’ll just bring earplugs for the noise from above

What other cabins are available in the same category?  Call them and ask to switch. 

4 hours ago, lizinindy said:

Well..sure enough, when I checked my cruise manager today, we were assigned the suite under the oceanview cafe. Oh well...not gonna stop us from having a ball! I’ll just bring earplugs for the noise from above

Once you have a cabin assigned you can call your agent or celebrity and change to any room in the same classification (at least that is true for U.S. Bookings).   I have done it a number of times.  

Also as you get past final payment keep checking and if rates decrease in a classification above yours you can upgrade as long as the price is $1 more than your existing reservation.  

• Like 2

I have found the more forward on aft deck 12 the better. The area is carpeted. I like suite 2114, we had very little noise from above. 2117 we had a little more noise. We had 2131 or 2133 and had a sound like a conveyor belt in the mornings. Friends just had 2133 on Eclipse and did not have any problems. Download a sound app on your phone. Bring ear plugs. With meaning years of travel staying in hotels. I would sleep with the news on.

9 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I have found the more forward on aft deck 12 the better. The area is carpeted. I like suite 2114, we had very little noise from above. 2117 we had a little more noise. We had 2131 or 2133 and had a sound like a conveyor belt in the mornings. Friends just had 2133 on Eclipse and did not have any problems. Download a sound app on your phone. Bring ear plugs. With meaning years of travel staying in hotels. I would sleep with the news on.

Is it really that bad you need ear plugs?  we're booked in S1- 2152 Reflection next cruise, on the hump, under the start of the pool area (I think).  I've checked the Solstice link where cabin descriptions have mentioned 'very quiet' and 'seldom hear from above'.  Made a mistake maybe??

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I’m always prepared for noise since I sleep with a snorer. Plus...I’m very very quirky about sleeping because I can’t have any light or noise or be too hot or too cold or...the list is endless! I’m a challenge (“but worth it” says my DH..ha ha...earning points!) We had a “close to the pool” hump cabin and had no noise issues oceangoer2. We loved the giant balcony and the ease of being close to everything.

We did have serious noise issues when we were directly under the oceanview on a cruise earlier in the year. So...I guess I’ll take all my noise abatement paraphernalia on this Feb cruise and just have a blast, no matter what. I might have to whine to my butler in case he/she wants to offer me something in return. And I will definitely check for other cabins in my category but it’s very close to sailing and mostly sold out. I had a great giant hump balcony cabin when I decided to go for the suite gty. so...I’m gonna try not to have regrets with noise and those support struts on the balcony. After all—-I knew what I was in for by taking the chance, right?

A cruise is what you make it..and I’m gonna make it fabulous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

And I will definitely check for other cabins in my category but it’s very close to sailing and mostly sold out.

Make sure you do it with a phone call rather than relying what shows available online.  One of the times that we switched (S1 to S1) it was to an ideal cabin that did not show on any website, Celebrity's or TAs). 

On 12/23/2019 at 4:37 PM, lizinindy said:

OK so perhaps you took a suite guarantee to save some money or it was the only thing available at a later date.  If you were worried about it why did you do it at all?

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

Make sure you do it with a phone call rather than relying what shows available online.  One of the times that we switched (S1 to S1) it was to an ideal cabin that did not show on any website, Celebrity's or TAs). 

Check the .UK website as it details all available live inventory. 

2 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

Is it really that bad you need ear plugs?  we're booked in S1- 2152 Reflection next cruise, on the hump, under the start of the pool area (I think).  I've checked the Solstice link where cabin descriptions have mentioned 'very quiet' and 'seldom hear from above'.  Made a mistake maybe??

No it is not that bad. Some people are more sensitive than others to sound. It seemed to be only in the morning. I know my mother would have a horrible time. The sound of the gas furnace kicking on in the morning at home will wake her up. I dont just want say all is great, when I dont know the person. As I said about 2133 or 2131. It was real bad for me. Our last cruise with friends on Eclipse they had no problems in the same suite. Maybe when we cruised their was a bearing issue. My intent was to give someone options ahead of time to bring with them.

As to Reflection. It is a different S Class ship. I have never had any problems being under the pool deck, others have. If I remember right 2152 is a old AquaSuite great suites with a shower wall in the tub. If I had my choice I would want 2154 as 2152 is right across from the electric sliding door, but I dont think you would hear the door from inside your suite.

Edited by bigbenboys
added words

19 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

Check the .UK website as it details all available live inventory. 

That's not necessarily so. The cabin we got was not on any of the live inventory sites, of which there are several. 

It has to be done through a phone call, so why go through additional machinations?  Call either=X= or the TA and see what can be done. 

4 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

That's not necessarily so. The cabin we got was not on any of the live inventory sites, of which there are several. 

It has to be done through a phone call, so why go through additional machinations?  Call either=X= or the TA and see what can be done. 

The .UK site has always shown all live inventory apart from accessible cabins. 

Why go through  "additional machinations"? So I can see what cabins are available before I call and tell them which one I'd like to switch too. That way I can see the location online with my own eyes before choosing it. 

3 minutes ago, mafig said:

I have a question about Edge guarantees.  If it shows no S3 availability, starts at S2, does that mean there still could be a chance we'd end up with a S3?

Yes in theory. An S3 cabin could become available due to cancellation etc. If you read the small print they can assign you a cabin and then reassign it too. 

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

I have a question about Edge guarantees.  If it shows no S3 availability, starts at S2, does that mean there still could be a chance we'd end up with a S3?

I would say yes. Are you after final payment? S3's might open up after final payment. Also move up bids might open up S3's.

1 minute ago, Moby Jones said:

The .UK site has always shown all live inventory apart from accessible cabins. 

Why go through  "additional machinations"? So I can see what cabins are available before I call and tell them which one I'd like to switch too. That way I can see the location online with my own eyes before choosing it. 

Because like I said 3x, that may NOT be all the cabins available. The one they switched us to was not on the UK site. Or *****. Or any of the so called "live inventory" sites. But it's not you and it's not me so the OP can do what they like. I am only citing real world experience with exactly the same situation. 

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

Because like I said 3x, that may NOT be all the cabins available. The one they switched us to was not on the UK site. Or *****. Or any of the so called "live inventory" sites. But it's not you and it's not me so the OP can do what they like. I am only citing real world experience with exactly the same situation. 

Well I can only go on my own real worlds experience and what a Celebrity employee has told me at at the time of switching a guaranteed suite. So I'm happy to stand by what I've said. But as you say it's not you or I that's booking.