Where does Regal Princess dock in St. Thomas?

Bluewater4ever

5 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

The Princess ships dock at Havensight

When did it change from Crown Bay to Havensight?

As I posted earlier l can't ever remember not docking at Crown Bay with Princess. Looking back we might have docked at WICO on one of our Caribbean Princess summer cruises about 7 years ago when there are not that many ships in the Caribbean in the summer.

11 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Perhaps I should have worded it differently.  I've been to St. Thomas on Princess about 12 times, and every time the ship has docked at Havensight.  This is over about a 10 year period.  That's been my experience.

Amazing that you always dock at Havensight and we at Crown Bay which I hate. I just looked up our April 1st stop at St.Thomas on the Regal and it's docking at Havendight, I'm pleased as punch.

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

As I posted earlier l can't ever remember not docking at Crown Bay with Princess. Looking back we might have docked at WICO on one of our Caribbean Princess summer cruises about 7 years ago when there are not that many ships in the Caribbean in the summer.

Princess got a break on docking fees by using crown bay when it opened.

They had a 10 year contract, that they subjected their passengers to.

At the end ... it wasn't too bad.   But, for the first year or two, all that was there

was a pavillion.   There were no stores built.

;

The 10 years ended, and Princess has moved back to havensite.

I think royal carribbean is now enjoying crown bay.

As I understand it Carnival corp subsidized improvements to the Crown Bay dock area and had a ten year contract to use the area beginning in 2007. Carnival corp used it primarily for Holland America and often times Princess. In 2008 Royal Caribbean launched Oasis of the Seas. It turned out that Oasis class ships had to dock at Crown Bay, so when the Carnival contract was up Royal Caribbean signed on. So now Royal Caribbean and Celebrity use Crown Bay and all Carnival brands are at Havensight.

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

I can't remember a Princess ship that we have sailed on docking at Hevensight. I wish they would but.....

Princess now docks at Havensight with a few exceptions. Princess' lease to dock at Crown Bay expired and the current lessee is RCCL for their Mega Monster ships. 

9 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

As I understand it Carnival corp subsidized improvements to the Crown Bay dock area and had a ten year contract to use the area beginning in 2007. Carnival corp used it primarily for Holland America and often times Princess. In 2008 Royal Caribbean launched Oasis of the Seas. It turned out that Oasis class ships had to dock at Crown Bay, so when the Carnival contract was up Royal Caribbean signed on. So now Royal Caribbean and Celebrity use Crown Bay and all Carnival brands are at Havensight.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Princess at one time had a 10 year contract for Crown Bay.

It expired.

They have docked at Havensight for 2 or 3 years.

Occasionally they will still dock at CB if there are more ships in.

As noted above RCCL's biggest ships have priority at CB.

12 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Princess now docks at Havensight with a few exceptions. Princess' lease to dock at Crown Bay expired and the current lessee is RCCL for their Mega Monster ships. 

Unfortunately for us they've been docking at Havensight for a few years now.

We really liked the closeness of the beach at Crown Bay and hope that someday they'll return.

Other than additional shopping at Havensight there's not much difference in the distance to attractions from either dock. 

28 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Unfortunately for us they've been docking at Havensight for a few years now.

We really liked the closeness of the beach at Crown Bay and hope that someday they'll return.

Other than additional shopping at Havensight there's not much difference in the distance to attractions from either dock. 

8 minutes ago, palolake said:

We loved it when they docked at Crown Bay and we could catch the ferry over to Water Island.

When Princess docked at Crown Bay there was quite a bit of grousing on this board that they were not docking at Havensight. Mostly due to lack of shopping at the pier and inability to walk into town.