MCO Airport/Walking off ship

hollon

I know the MCO airport is 45 mins. away from the cruise port, What is the best time to book a flight home.  is 11 or 12 safe.  Does Royal still let you walk off the ship early instead of putting our bags out the night before?  I know we have to go through security, so what is the best time to get off the ship in the morning  Thanks so much

I would never book a flight before noon.  There are simply way too many things that can delay your arrival into port.  Medical, mechanical, weather (like fog)...have experienced every one of them...several times.  

We were coming off the ship one day at PC, trying to grab a taxi (lived just 5 miles away at that time)...when a frantic family demanded to take the cab from us, screaming that their flight was leaving in just over an hour.  We came in late due to fog that day.  I doubt they made it, but we did let them take our cab.   

Just FYI...Murphy's law.  

• Like 1

I just did this trip the first week of December. We put our luggage out the door the night before and were in the first groups called off of the ship. I think we were off by 8:00-8:30 got the uber and headed off. We were at the airport by 9:30 and through security after checking bags by 10:00. I had previously asked here on CC about flights and because of the info I got I booked a 2:00pm flight on SWA instead of a 12:00 flight on Delta. I absolutely could have made a 11-12 flight.

One thing that has sped up disembarkation in PC is the new "facial recognition".  We simply stood in front of the scanner for a couple of seconds (at entrance to luggage room), that matched our pics to the passport, waited for green light....then walk right over to picking up our luggage, and right out the door.  Wow. 😮 

While you COULD make a flight before noon, I wouldn't plan on it for that port -- too many things could go wrong.

There are shuttles to the airport from the port, but you have to book them in advance -- it's not like Miami and Fort Lauderdale where you can just get one on the sidewalk.  (I recommend a third party shuttle, not the one you book through Royal.)

Ubers can be hard to get and run around $70-$80, but they are possible.  I haven't tried Lyft from PC yet.