Almost Live From The Gem NYC To San Francisco

bob brown

On 1/21/2020 at 10:27 PM, bob brown said:

They had early signature card redemption for those disembarking at San Pedro.  And the “Glow Party” was tonight.

We are spending two days with my sister-in-law in Walnut Creek, then Amtrak California Zephyr to Winter Park, Co., two days there with friends, then train on to Denver airport, and fly back to Florida.🙂

B37CC6ED-5F07-4DCC-9703-37480768F262.jpeg

7C5979D7-DC5E-45A1-B6E3-BF83151295F0.jpeg

Final redemption for those going to San Francisco was last night, with much steeper prices considering only two days longer on board...

88BEA0CC-709D-42A1-8173-DA14B9182FEB.jpeg

2 hours ago, Broons77 said:

This thread has been a blast to follow. Thanks to all for sharing the experience, and especially to Bob for the great pics. I've been convinced to book a canal cruise as a result of following along for this journey. Safe travels to all! 

I agree.  Thanks for all the information.  We will be heading to the pier in a couple of hours to board the ship heading to NY.  Hope we have the nice weather that you did and hoping for calm seas!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

... Buena Vista for hearty breakfast with some glasses of Irish Coffee??? ... Ghirardelli afterwards. 😎

Yes, of course.  Plus, fresh seafood on the wharf for lunch.  

Don't think it's a problem for those doing B2B, all abroad in 90 minutes for 5 pm sailing - easy walking, back to the ship. 

In other news - it's been a mild winter here in NYC, tomorrow's forecast for coastal flooding & heavy rain in the PM, about 50 deg F ... almost end of January, more than March weather.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, Broons77 said:

Good Morning All!

Something of a lurker on the boards, however the morning this thread was started I booked the Gem 7 day Boston/Bermuda cruise for August for my stepdaughter's HS graduation present. I'm quite interested to hear more from folks that will spending a good amount of time on her, so thanks to all that are taking the time to post. It's a tremendous resource for those like me!

I'm a newbie, this will only be my third cruise and my first with NCL First two were on RCCL - Anthem and Rhapsody - so I'm excited for the compare and contrast between brands and ships and I'd be really interested in hearing anything that folks feel differentiate the lines from each other. I've already figured out that I'm partial to the smaller boats as I'm fairly easy to please. Real life is busy with lots of responsibilities so I'm a totally happy guy as long as someone makes my bed, there's a bar nearby, and there's decent food that's easily accessible and not cooked by me.  So I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy my NCL experience. 😁

Thanks again and looking forward to keeping up with this thread!

Chrissy are taking my son and his family in August too. I’m hoping entourage will be fun for his 16 year old stepdaughter and 14 year old stepson as they are worried they will be bored. We’ve been on the Gem twice and she’s a great ship, but never with our grandkids ( 2-16]. 

• Like 1