Is Veranda to Suite worth $1200

vatofla2009

I love celebrity suite perks , luminae there suite restaurant has great food and service, suite lounge has free drinks all day and night, you get butler and concierge, some ships have a retreat deck. Also larger cabin. For a seven day or longer I think it’s a good deal. 

Edited by George C

All depends what you want.  Suite you get luminire and aqua blu.  The rooms are bigger for suite overall but if you don’t spend much time in them why bother.   Blu is good and with extra not spending to suite you can eat in multiple speciality restaurants.  Both blu and luminaire are anytime.  Suite will give you the retreat area while aqua gives you Persian gardens. It’s more what’s important to you.  I prefer aqua because I use Persian every day.  And really only on room to sleep and change.   

For a suite uograde we would not pay that amt,

For AQ that'd be well  worth it to us.  We enjoy BLU ,  The Persian Garden is nicer on S Class but still a nice  part of AQ Class..just be careful about cabin location

I'm usually a bargain traveler so would tend to choose the Aqua Class cabin.  But, it would really depend on how long the cruise is.  If it were 2 weeks, I would jump on the suite ... 7 days or less, I would go with the Aqua Class.  Either would be quite enjoyable.  

Unless you are on a revolutionized ship there isn't a retreat deck.  If it is a 7 day cruise I would go with Aqua. 

We enjoy suites but actually prefer the menu in Blu most nights to the menu in Luminae.  On the M Class ships in Luminae you can order off the Blu and MDR menus as the kitchens are in the same area.  On S Class ships  Luminae can order off the MDR menu but to get something from Blu is more difficult as the Blu kitchen is quite a way from  Luminae.

A lot would depend on the location of the Suite or the Aqua stateroom. Spending any money extra for a stateroom that is in a poor location may not make sense at all.

If you could tell us which ship your are sailing, how the long the itinerary is, and which specific Aqua and Suite staterooms you are considering, we can help you a bit better with specific advice as opposed to being a little more general.

Randy

• Like 2

Depends on your personal preference.  We cruise for the itinerary first and foremost, and we spend so little time in the room for us I would not upgrade. We also prefer to eat in specialty restaurants.   We would prefer to put that money to another cruise, excursions or purchases.  Really depends on what you get enjoyment from.  If moving up due to a bid, like others on this thread stated I would caution you regarding the location of the cabin since you can't change it once you accept the bid.  Much less stressful to pick the room you want when at the time of booking.  Enjoy your cruise!

NO on the suite

Aqua maybe, if you are willing to give up the cabin you choose and may end up with a bad location.   

Why would you consider spending more than what you planned on and were happy with?

if it is a move up you don’t get any extra perks, just the amenities.  You could get a dining pack for every night and if you already have a drink pack there isn’t much more except for the extra space and  extra gratuity.      With a drink pack Michael’s Club isn’t really needed for the included drinks that are still rather limited.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, vatofla2009 said:

We can move to Regular suite for $1200 per couple or Aqua for $200 per couple . Is it worth moving to a suite? We have early dinner and prefer anytime.

YOU have to make that determination!  Do you see the value in cruising in a suite cabin or not. If so, it would seem to be a great deal to try.

WE do not and as such would be poor references.  We have sailed in a suite once when we were upgraded.  I see my cabin as a place to sleep, store my stuff and change clothes.  We do typically book a veranda as I love to go out on it  many times during a day while waiting on DW.  Thus, I see value in the veranda/balcony.

Have a great cruise!

3 hours ago, vatofla2009 said:

We can move to Regular suite for $1200 per couple or Aqua for $200 per couple . Is it worth moving to a suite? We have early dinner and prefer anytime.

As others have said, without knowing the length of the cruise and the itinerary of the cruise, hard to answer your question.

7 days in the Caribbean?  Maybe to the AQ, no way to the suite unless a great cabin (e.g. Aft S1).

14 days elsewhere?  Probably yes to both.

1 hour ago, vatofla2009 said:

Cruise is 7 nights....we do like our veranda room location so I think we will keep our room and do a few specialty dinners. Thank you for your input!

That sounds like a plan.  See if you are having a CC gathering and further a cabin crawl.  Hoping your sailing has an active CC group and if a cabin crawl, maybe a suite or 2 are on it and that would be a wonderful time to get a first hand look, at least those suites.

I think you will be happy in veranda cabin and enjoying the extra money to spend on other things like you mentioned, Speciality restaurants.

Have a great cruise  and post update once back from your cruise.

Just my opinion, but we have been on the "revolutionized" Equinox and on the Edge.  We usually just get a concierge cabin.  Same size as a veranda on the "S" Class, but better towels (bigger), robes (fluffier), toiletries (premium), hair dryer (hand-held), and, less importantly, a golf umbrella. We think the afternoon canapes' are horrible.  

We still like the main dining room on the S class, due to its openness. I guess we prefer that open space more than Blu, so Aqua is not for us.  We like the hustle and bustle.  We are not spa people.  Not being big food connoisseurs, the Main Dining Room is fine for us.  

The retreat deck on the top deck is a joke.  There rarely is a lot of people up there.  Maybe it has changed, but on the two cruises I referenced, the retreat sun deck was underutilized and VERY HOT.  

So just give me a concierge cabin.  We like to do or own thing.  We rarely ask our room steward for anything after the first day, verifying we have enough hangers.  We do not need a butler.

We arrange all of our excursions before we board.  

We have been on 27 Celebrity Cruises,  all of them in concierge class.  We have been on several back-to-back cruises, and we have used that turn around day to roam the ship and look at all the various suite cabins in person.  None of them appeal to us.  

This sounds crazy, but for even a little insignificant amount of more money, we would stay in a concierge cabin over both aqua and suite cabins.    

7 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

Just my opinion, but we have been on the "revolutionized" Equinox and on the Edge.  We usually just get a concierge cabin.  Same size as a veranda on the "S" Class, but better towels (bigger), robes (fluffier), toiletries (premium), hair dryer (hand-held), and, less importantly, a golf umbrella. We think the afternoon canapes' are horrible.  

We still like the main dining room on the S class, due to its openness. I guess we prefer that open space more than Blu, so Aqua is not for us.  We like the hustle and bustle.  We are not spa people.  Not being big food connoisseurs, the Main Dining Room is fine for us.  

The retreat deck on the top deck is a joke.  There rarely is a lot of people up there.  Maybe it has changed, but on the two cruises I referenced, the retreat sun deck was underutilized and VERY HOT.  

So just give me a concierge cabin.  We like to do or own thing.  We rarely ask our room steward for anything after the first day, verifying we have enough hangers.  We do not need a butler.

We arrange all of our excursions before we board.  

We have been on 27 Celebrity Cruises,  all of them in concierge class.  We have been on several back-to-back cruises, and we have used that turn around day to roam the ship and look at all the various suite cabins in person.  None of them appeal to us.  

This sounds crazy, but for even a little insignificant amount of more money, we would stay in a concierge cabin over both aqua and suite cabins.    

We are not into BLU either.  We have stayed in CC cabins a lot too, but we book cabins based on best price.  We have in past booked CC and paid a little more to get more Captains Club points on our way to Elite Plus, which we are 2 cruises away from.  Once we hit Elite Plus, we will book best priced veranda and hope it is CC, especially on M class ship with more cabin space.

We loved M class ships back in the  'day' but with the changes made to ships including loss of lots of public spaces, we have sailed S class now the last few times.  

Would like to do a B2B  like you have done when we retire, like two 14-15 day B2B's. 🙂