Majesty Diamond situation

On 1/4/2020 at 7:39 PM, thrifty99 said:

Rumor has it the Diamond Lounge was going away in 2020. 

Help me source this information. Where did you get this info? Please post exact links and names.

1 hour ago, MX-5 said:

Help me source this information. Where did you get this info? Please post exact links and names.

Sorry, I don't have time to go back and find exact links and names for you.  I saw a post where someone said they received a letter for their February sailing that the Happy Hour Diamond Event was ending in 2020.  But I don't believe they ever posted the actual letter.  That sounded pretty official to me (if it was valid).  And as Merion Mom stated above, others were told onboard that the event was ending first of the year.  It may be RC changed their mind or are delaying the change.  Who knows with RC as they change things all the time.  

I will post next week when I'm onboard about the status.  If the Happy Hour is still happening next week I will ask about any changes in the works for the future.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:05 AM, HSVcruiser01 said:

I am book in February and received an email saying that from 01/01/2020 there is only 3 drink vouchers. If I had know before, I would not have booked the ship ! If you want bottled water at night at least one voucher will be gone.... not a ship I will ever book again ! 

2 hours ago, MX-5 said:

On page one of this thread.

5 hours ago, MX-5 said:

I want to see that e-mail. Take a pic of it, a screenshot, or copy & paste the entire e-mail on here. I want to see the header and who sent it, along with a written message claiming the nightly Diamond Event cancellation.

Let's prove where it came from.

I tried to find it. I think it was not an email to me, it was on cruise critic. Searched and searched yesterday. But couldn't find it. But luckily the people on Majesty right now are posting on Facebook letters they got in there cabin stating there is happy hour from 4:30pm to 8pm in VCL.

Edited by HSVcruiser01

3 hours ago, HSVcruiser01 said:

I received this from my TA, it is from someone who is on the Majesty right now.

Also there are groups on Facebook where it is said there is  Happy Hour in VCL !

thumbnail.png

This was already posted (same image of the letter).  In the future please don’t state you received an e:mail about something (and then later say it was probably from a forum post, not an e:mail).  Your message about receiving an official e:mail fueled much of the confusion. 

Edited by thrifty99

1 hour ago, thrifty99 said:

This was already posted (same image of the letter).  In the future please don’t state you received an e:mail about something (and then later say it was probably from a forum post, not an e:mail).  Your message about receiving an official e:mail fueled much of the confusion. 

Aye aye, Sir !

Attached is a letter I just sent to Mr. Bayley's office:

Mr. Bayley,

I am currently on the Majesty, B/B/B.  Last night at the upper tier event we were informed that there will not be an evening event for Diamond/DIAMOND PLUS/Pinnacle guests but only 3 drinks on our Seapass card. I feel this is short-sighted on whomever is responsible for this decision and this treatment of your loyal guests is DESPICABLE!   Pinnacle, with over 700 points, and  we, who have over 600 points get the same benefit as those with 80 points?   WOW!!!!   We are close to Pinnacle and when we reach this plateau we will NOT be loyal to Royal any longer, but will look at MSC etc. Another perk bites the dust...don't bother to book the Majesty!      Wallace Stiving

• Like 1

Attached is an email I just sent to Mr. Bayley's office:

Mr. Bayley,

I am currently on the Majesty, B/B/B.  Last night at the upper tier event we were informed that there will not be an evening event for Diamond/DIAMOND PLUS/Pinnacle guests but only 3 drinks on our Seapass card.  I feel this is short-sighted on whomever is responsible fo this decision and this treatment of your loyal guests is DESPICABLE!  Pinnacle, with over 700 points, and we, who have over 600 points get the same benefit as those with 80 points?  WOW!!!  We are close to Pinnacle and when we reach this plateau we will NOT be loyal to Royal any longer, but will look at MSC etc.  Another perk bites the dust...don't bother to book the Majesty!    Wallace Stiving

• Like 2

What apparently you don't realize is that there are going to be some major changes to the C&A program and pilot ships are testing how things will "fly".  However, there is a big difference between a Pinnacle or Diamond Plus over 525 losing a benefit  (our lounge) compared to someone just making Diamond at 80!  There are other cruise lines that give equal status to Crown & Anchor (MSC for one).  So why would we want to cruise again especially on the Majesty if that perk is now gone?  

• Like 1

I get your feelings but everyone pays the same price weather you are going on your first cruise or your 100th. I'll be diamond after my cruise in February does it some how make me a lesser person than you that i can only afford to cruise once every few years? I get that you are " Loyal" but they are probably thinking that you may cruise more than someone with a measly 80 points BUT your cabin costs the same, your drink package costs the same and so on. In fact I find the more people cruise the less they like the rules. I've found it is the people who cruise more often that want to do away with things like formal night. I've heard " we've done it so many times...we just don't bother any more" . That takes away from the takes away from the Ambiance of the cruise. Some people feel more entitled as their level  goes up. I personally have heard more than once a rude person yelling at staff that they are diamond or diamond plus...

as if that makes them a better class of person. It's only a loyalty program it's like earning a free turkey for spending $400 doesn't nake me more entitled than the person who only spent $200 and had to buy their turkey😒. Just my opinion. But I know the feeling of having your perks cut. I've been at my job 19 years and the kids coming in now are making what i made after 8yrs. Plus they cut my benefits...No THAT hurts

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Happycruiser17 said:

What apparently you don't realize is that there are going to be some major changes to the C&A program and pilot ships are testing how things will "fly".  However, there is a big difference between a Pinnacle or Diamond Plus over 525 losing a benefit  (our lounge) compared to someone just making Diamond at 80!  There are other cruise lines that give equal status to Crown & Anchor (MSC for one).  So why would we want to cruise again especially on the Majesty if that perk is now gone?  

What is happening on the Majesty is, I think, irrelevant to the rest of the fleet.  She was always unique in the current fleet, with no Lounges and using the VCL for a substitute nightly event.

That is what is going away.

• Like 1

Honestly, it is not that you pay equal per cruise that says you should have the same benefits ... since it is called a "loyalty program" it is that after cruising for years to get to the level to achieve the perks that enhance your cruise, to then have them taken away, one after the other, makes many of us at this point start looking around at other options.  

When we became Diamond, Diamonds only got beer and wine (there were no drinks on a card).  You did not get water, you did not get soft drinks (even if you didn't drink alcohol) ... just beer and wine.  In order to get mixed drinks you needed to be Diamond Plus.  (You also had to put your Seapass card on the table and leave it there while you were in the lounge or you did not get a drink, thus there was no "sneaking in" and bringing in unentitled friends/family.)  So we worked our way up to Diamond Plus and bam ... then they opened the door to the Diamonds to have the mixed drinks, etc. Then over the years they took away on some ships the reserved seating in the theater, the Concierge Lounge (which we enjoy because we sit in there during the day and read, etc. where it is quiet instead of trying to find seats around the ship), the priority tender tickets, free cabin upgrades, and other things and Diamond Plus felt, as may of us call ourselves "the orphan children of RCCL" .  To achieve Diamond it's 80 points, to achieve Diamond Plus it's 175, but to climb the ladder and keep going when it seems an immense and impossible road to Pinnacle takes 700 points.  Instead of incentivizing Diamond Plus by adding additional perks to keep climbing, gradually we lost perks.  

We have several cruising friends who are achieving Pinnacle level in the next few months as we are who feel the same way, as well as many we meet and talk with in the lounge (when there is one for us) who are pushing to reach the top before changes are instituted to C&A to get grandfathered in, and will broaden our options on which cruise line we choose for our future travel.

• Like 2