Question about NRD - Non-Refundable Deposit

Jim_Iain

Curious of those U.S. travelers who have booked a NRD.    If a price reduction occurs are you charged $200 for making a change to the reservation or is the penalty only for cancellation and transfer to a new reservation?  

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious of those U.S. travelers who have booked a NRD.    If a price reduction occurs are you charged $200 for making a change to the reservation or is the penalty only for cancellation and transfer to a new reservation?  

We were not charged for the change within our initial booking.  😊 

No admin fee for repricing on the same cruise.  As someone already mentioned you can reprice from RD to NRD and NRD to NRD.  I was told though that once NRD you can't change to RD without fully cancelling the reservation and rebooking including all penalties involved with cancellation.

I recently had an issue where I had a RD no perks and was repricing with a Celebrity rep with the current promo to get the 1 free perk.  He somehow didn't listen and quoted me the NRD one perk price, I instantly told  him that wasn't right and told him RD 1 perk so he changed it.   When I got my invoice even though it had the correct rate code "PRICE GRAT" indicating RD there was the added line in the deposit section text saying it was non refundable deposit.   After a couple of calls they said there is no way to get the text removed but put in the admin notes that it was refundable and sent me a separate email ensuring me that it would be refundable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have gotten 3 price drops in the past 6 weeks with a NRD and no charge for price drops.  The administrative fee kicks in if you cancel, change ship or change sailing date.

Thanks much.    I was just curious as I have booked a couple NRD a year out (part of a B2B2B so not much risk of cancellation). 

I have a non refundable but it was booked on board with 4 perks, how do I do a price check, is it just on the cabin, the 4 perks where ""free"' . , also if for example Aqua class is less than I paid for conceirge can I move up a class.

4 minutes ago, lulurobby said:

I have a non refundable but it was booked on board with 4 perks, how do I do a price check, is it just on the cabin, the 4 perks where ""free"' . , also if for example Aqua class is less than I paid for conceirge can I move up a class.

You have to go to the Celebrity website and do a mock booking for your sailing.  You need to check the price on the non-refundable rate with 4 perks.   The 4 perks will not automatically carry over.  They were given or added to the promotion that was being offered at the time.  If the current price for you cabin is lower, they will reprice it.  Yes, you can upgrade also and move up a class.  If the booking is before final payment, they will reprice it.  If it is after final payment, you can only do a paid upgrade as they will not refund you.  

Your extra OBC for booking onboard will remain.  

I had booked the July 2021 Edge cruise with a NRD, but my TA was able to change my cabin on that one and get me a different perks deal and rate at no charge.

Then this past weekend I emailed her about changing to the Reflection Norwegian Fjords cruise for around the same time and said “I know it was a non-refundable deposit and I will have the admin fee deducted.” But somehow she worked some kind of magic and was able to change the cruise with NO fee or anything! Not sure how she did that as my Edge paperwork was pretty clear that it was NRD!

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I had booked the July 2021 Edge cruise with a NRD, but my TA was able to change my cabin on that one and get me a different perks deal and rate at no charge.

Then this past weekend I emailed her about changing to the Reflection Norwegian Fjords cruise for around the same time and said “I know it was a non-refundable deposit and I will have the admin fee deducted.” But somehow she worked some kind of magic and was able to change the cruise with NO fee or anything! Not sure how she did that as my Edge paperwork was pretty clear that it was NRD!

This is a great reason why we use a private TA. For our 2021 Infinity cruise she was able to get us 2 free perks, CBP and prepaid gratuities plus the $150 OBC for $400 pp less than the price on the X website. Since we booked, our AQ class cabin has gone up $200pp in price. Our booking was a NRD but this was too good a deal to pass up on. The price we are booked at is less than the current price for same cruise this year so I am not expecting any big drops in price.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

This is a great reason why we use a private TA. For our 2021 Infinity cruise she was able to get us 2 free perks, CBP and prepaid gratuities plus the $150 OBC for $400 pp less than the price on the X website. Since we booked, our AQ class cabin has gone up $200pp in price. Our booking was a NRD but this was too good a deal to pass up on. The price we are booked at is less than the current price for same cruise this year so I am not expecting any big drops in price.

Yep. And she even got it for less than what I had seen when I looked online myself!! So it was a big YES for her!!! 😄 

46 minutes ago, cruiztime said:

What if the NRD you originally booked with is not the same as the current NRD offer? I have a NRD of $25 per person but the lower priced offers now are $960 NRD

I don't believe they will ask you to do full deposit when doing a price change.   I've done this with the $100 pp book onboard deposits and never had an issue.