Flights from Vancouver to Papeete

raverski

2 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We were on the Marina last February in the FP, Papeete- Papeete, for a 12 day cruise. I might be off a year as to when she stopped sailing Sydney-Auckland. I thought it was 2016!

I guess it runs from Lima now? I'd like to do that, but been to Tahiti three time already and would only take it to go to Easter Island, and from all reports that seems to be a crap shoot. 

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Unless Air Tahiti Nui upgraded their business class seats I wouldn’t pay for them.

We flew with them twice in business some time ago but only because we used miles.

They are "angle seats  not lie flat"...    Condor  uses them too    .  play slip and slide without getting up...   For good seats today look at Air CANADA and Lufthansa ( in the star alliance.)

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I guess it runs from Lima now? I'd like to do that, but been to Tahiti three time already and would only take it to go to Easter Island, and from all reports that seems to be a crap shoot. 

in 2014  they did PPT NYC....via easter island, and the canal...keywest- charleston    NY   35 days

Edited by Hawaiidan

2 hours ago, ORV said:

would only take it to go to Easter Island, and from all reports that seems to be a crap shoot. 

You are right.

If you are ever on a cruise that starts or ends in Santiago, take the 3 day trip to Easter Island from there.

You are guaranteed to see EI and have some time to really enjoy it.

15 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

For good seats today look at Air CANADA and Lufthansa ( in the star alliance.)

Dan - I am spoiled. I've flown Emirates First with a shower and Singapore First Suites (as well as ANA, JL, Etihad, QF, CX all in F ) - AC & LH would be a "downgrade" 😀

PS - all of that (except Emirates) and a lot more in J all or miles. 

Edited by Paulchili

9 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Dan - I am spoiled. I've flown Emirates First with a shower and Singapore First Suites (as well as ANA, JL, Etihad, QF, CX all in F ) - AC & LH would be a "downgrade" 😀

only ANA  is  Star mainstream   Singapore sort of...     I took the ANA LAX-NRT  3 months ago... Business... the seats were designes for Japanese  who use a wood bloc for a pillow.     after 3 hours they hurt.  Of course  for 80K and $5.60   I have little to complain.    Took UAL SYD  LAX a month later for 80K  but woops UAL lost my res..  "we need another 120K  amigo is  ya want to see home , pal!.....

Id take Luft business over their and others first !    the pillow alone is un equaled.

Edited by Hawaiidan

9 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Sorry you are offended. Charter is what my TA called it and described to me as. I apologize if if I passed on misinformation from her.

Nomenclature is important. I apologize for this misinformation especially if you or anyone else is bothered because there are operational differences as well as how ticketing and irops are processed. Plus the other factors you can't get into here.

I stand corrected.

Not offended, but misinformation needs to be corrected.

Also, since you have a TA that doesn't understand the difference between a charter and a group booking, perhaps you might want to re-evaluate their qualifications as your agent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Not offended, but misinformation needs to be corrected.

Also, since you have a TA that doesn't understand the difference between a charter and a group booking, perhaps you might want to re-evaluate their qualifications as your agent.

Flyer Talker- it's not my agent who was in error but me. This was two years ago and Oceania DID charter at that time. What I had wrong was the 100 people.

I'm looking at United from SFO to Tahiti. They are using a 787 Dreamliner with PE seats, but I cannot find any pricing for them. All of my searches are coming up with only Economy or Business Class.

Has anyone been successful booking a revenue PE seat?

6 hours ago, cayman09 said:

I'm looking at United from SFO to Tahiti. They are using a 787 Dreamliner with PE seats, but I cannot find any pricing for them. All of my searches are coming up with only Economy or Business Class.

I looked at some random Saturdays in April/May and booking "economy flexible" gives you "economy plus", United's PE seats. I may not be understanding, but is this what you're referring to?

Yes Petoonya, that's what I'm referring to. Are you saying that economy flex will give you PE seats for no additional cost?  In other UAL flights they show 4 distinct classes & pricing levels; Econ, Econ Flex, PE and Business. The PPT flight doesn't show a PE class pricing, just separate seating.

There aren’t very many PE seats on UA’s Dreamliner. When you look at the seating chart are any available ? If PE seats are available for sale , UA’s website lists them and their prices. It’s listed under Premium Economy. They could be already sold out.

4 hours ago, cayman09 said:

Yes Petoonya, that's what I'm referring to. Are you saying that economy flex will give you PE seats for no additional cost?  In other UAL flights they show 4 distinct classes & pricing levels; Econ, Econ Flex, PE and Business. The PPT flight doesn't show a PE class pricing, just separate seating.

Yes. If the day you want has economy flex available, there you go. It does look different than booking the 4 classes on other UA flights. But when you book flex economy on the Tahiti flights there is a picture of  seat- press it and it tells you what you get. Looks like PE size to me....

the economy pricing and flex are different prices. Talking to United every rep has a different explanation. Last I spoke to says book it to the point of purchasing and it'll tell you exactly what you are getting. Seems weird but oh well.

Edited by Petoonya

17 hours ago, cayman09 said:

They are not on all  aircraft  types  I think only the 787-10  has the PE seating,   and UAL runs the 787-8/9 to ppt   So booking a Flex fare is only going to get you , on those aircraft, Economy Plus...    Be aware that Prem Econ on UAL  and all but Delta  are

2-4-2  seating    That center row of 4 sucks...

Edited by Hawaiidan

On 1/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, raverski said:

We are booked on the Legends to Lagoons cruise starting in Papeete on March 15, 2020. All flights appear to go through LAX with a substantial (6 hour) layover. Our flight on Air Tahiti Nui is scheduled to arrive in Papeete at 10:25 pm. By the time we pick up our luggage and arrange transport we will likely get to the ship (Regatta) just before midnight. So we will have lost the better part of the 1st day, including meals and settling in, just traveling. This is a day we have paid for and Oceania is unwilling to compensate us in any way for this situation.

It would have been helpful if Oceania had provided us with travel options. For example we could have been asked if we wished to fly on March 14. We know there is a deviation charge but this could have been waived under the circumstances. In addition we would have needed overnight accommodation on the 14th. Surely that could have been offered at a reasonable rate. 

We have cruised with Oceania 5-6 times before. We have always accepted their package including air fare. The travel issue with this cruise was unknown to us. But it couldn't have been unknown to Oceania.

We are extremely disappointed with Oceania at this time. It puts further cruises in doubt.

I wonder how many others are finding themselves in this predicament.

Sounds unreasonable that Oceania would not give you some compensation.

Good luck.

Edited by Justalone

2 hours ago, Justalone said:

Sounds unreasonable that Oceania would not give you some compensation.

Good luck.

Not unreasonable at all. The OP knew they could ask about a deviation and didn’t. The OP chose to fly in the day of departure. I don’t know if a single poster here that believes that’s a good idea. What does the OP miss? One dinner aboard ship! Whoopee! How much comp is that worth?

FWIW, we boarded a cruise in Hong Kong a couple years back. Same deal! For those that want to fly in on Embarkment day the flights get in the evening there. If missing a meal aboard ship is a huge deal, trust me, the price of a hotel is a lot more!

All cruisers have the option to request air at 270 days pre cruise. Had the OP exercised any energy at all, O would have probably put them on the AF flight arriving early morning so they wouldn’t miss a meal. The OP obviously opted to wait and get whatever was left air wise. They chose to fly in on Embarkment day and did so. Why should Oceania compensate them for a meal while giving them what their actions appeared to request?

On 1/14/2020 at 9:01 AM, Paulchili said:

Unless Air Tahiti Nui upgraded their business class seats I wouldn’t pay for them.

We flew with them twice in business some time ago but only because we used miles.

This is good information.  We have a bunch of American miles I was going to use for ATN business class flight.  Now I will think again and find a better use. 

25 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

This is good information.  We have a bunch of American miles I was going to use for ATN business class flight.  Now I will think again and find a better use. 

You may want to check the latest info about ATN.

Our flight was a few years ago - they might have upgraded their business to lie flat seats.

FlyerTalk is a good place to ask or the airline itself:

https://www.flyertalk.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KS&JW said:

The business class Dreamliner seats on Air Tahiti Nui LAX-PPT do fold flat. Those planes only fly on certain days of the week and can't tell you which ones! But might be a place for you to plunk your American miles  down🙂

• Like 1

I attempted to add PE on my O booked flight from Papeete.     The website let me get all the way through, and then there was a glitch.  I saw the pending charge on my Chase/United CC and gave it no further thought.  The charge was never posted, but my bulkhead seat was there when I boarded. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KS&JW said:

I took Air Tahiti   in business and  found the seats very comfortable  for the 7.5-8 hour trip.   Not Lie flat but the go back like 150 degrees    Food was excellent......  think again

United does not appear to offer true Premium Economy on these flights. They only offer Economy Plus. There is a significant difference in services, seats, and costs in these two distinctly different categories. There was no pricing for PE because it isn’t offered as a class of service on those flights. 

The issue arises because some inexperienced travelers don’t understand what true PE is.

On United flights, as with all other carriers, if true Premium Economy service is offered on a flight it is distinctly listed on the menu along with Economy, Business, and First when available.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1