MSC Seaside questions

SchoolNurseMom

We're going on our first MSC cruise next month. We usually go with Royal, but have done Carnival, Princess, and NCL as well. I have some questions...

Does MSC allow wine or sodas to be brought on the ship? 

Do they still offer the mealtime only drink package? Or did they discontinue that one? Any only for beer and wine?
We’re flying Southwest to FLL then taking some sort of transportation to Miami. I’m looking at SAS shuttles. Anyone have any tips or reviews for us? 

Thanks for your information and responses.

4 minutes ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

We're going on our first MSC cruise next month. We usually go with Royal, but have done Carnival, Princess, and NCL as well. I have some questions...

Does MSC allow wine or sodas to be brought on the ship? No

Do they still offer the mealtime only drink package? No Or did they discontinue that one?YesAny only for beer and wine?Not really, but I believe you can still purchase wine bottle packages
We’re flying Southwest to FLL then taking some sort of transportation to Miami. I’m looking at SAS shuttles. Anyone have any tips or reviews for us? see below

I have used ridessas at least a dozen times. Very reliable. We have had excellent vehicles all but one time. If you are flying in the morning of, make sure to double check their schedule and book ahead of time (they can fill up). If you are flying in the night before and staying at a hotel, make sure it is a hotel that ridessas services. Pick up times in the morning are 9:30, 11:30 and 12:30. The 9;30 will fill up. They don't go over 17th street bridge anymore so double check the hotel. Highly recommend. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

Does MSC allow wine or sodas to be brought on the ship? 

Do they still offer the mealtime only drink package? Or did they discontinue that one? Any only for beer and wine?
We’re flying Southwest to FLL then taking some sort of transportation to Miami. I’m looking at SAS shuttles. Anyone have any tips or reviews for us? 

The Florida Departures board here, under North American Homeports offers excellent advice transferring between FLL and POM.  EM

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

• Like 1

You cannot purchase wine packages and you cannot bring on your own wine or soda. No mealtime package either.

I'm in the minority but the one time I tried to use SAS a few years back, they were beyond late for pickup from the Port of Miami so we had to hop in a cab. There was no issue going from FLL to our hotel in Miami, just the pickup.

Depending upon how many people are in your party, we use Lyft or Uber. Lyft is usually cheaper by a few dollars.

18 hours ago, jdvmd said:

I'm in the minority but the one time I tried to use SAS a few years back, they were beyond late for pickup from the Port of

Thank you for sharing this information. I have never read about an issue with SAS and have used them many times, BUT it's always good to know that others have had problems to be prepared.

7 hours ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

I thought of one more question. We will be "Gold" on this cruise which includes one hour thermal area session. What would that include? Thanks!

An hour in the thermal suite: multiple different steam and saunas, salt room, snow room, hydro pool, heated loungers, hot tub, private deck area, etc 

It's supposed to be only an hour, but no on is coming by and monitoring that, it's self-policed.

• Like 2

Policy states you can't bring wine or soda onboard but on another MSC cruise forum I saw several people testifying that they have brought soda bottles/cans onboard in their carry on bags with no issue. Same with bottled water. Maybe it depends on the port, but this was in a forum focused on Seaside.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

I thought of one more question. We will be "Gold" on this cruise which includes one hour thermal area session. What would that include? Thanks!

Which ship? The thermal on seaside looks amazing, the thermal on Divina isn't worth an hour. I have no clue about the thermal area on the other ships. As reedprincess stated, it's an hour inside the thermal area, but it is not tightly monitored. Very doubtful someone is going to kick you out after 60 minutes. You will want to bring a printed copy of your gold benefits.