On a cruise how many times would you wear the same clothes

Zanny

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But make sure you get the ones with the metal hooks, then you can hang them off the air-con vents on some ships. Sometimes that's more convenient than a magnetic hook stuck to the ceiling.

The plastic hooks work fine.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:15 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I pack a selection of tops, anywhere from 6-9, and on longer cruises just cycle through them. I always take two pairs of black pants just in case.

Clothes are unlikely to get dirty on the ship on sea days (unless you're a messy eater or something) so you can cycle through those items as well, however depending on the weather at ports you might only wear an item once. Often Celebrity will offer a bag wash deal, wash and fold. I think it was US$50 on our last cruise. It's surprising how much you can fit in one of those laundry bags if you try. 

I got a USD25 a bag deal on my last Solstice cruise - washed & folded, not pressed. I wondered why my undies felt a little scratchy. On checking them I found a tiny little number sticker which, I guess, the laundry uses to I/D the items.

Yes, it was surprising how much I could fit in a bag.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, lyndarra said:

I got a USD25 a bag deal on my last Solstice cruise - washed & folded, not pressed. I wondered why my undies felt a little scratchy. On checking them I found a tiny little number sticker which, I guess, the laundry uses to I/D the items.

Yes, it was surprising how much I could fit in a bag.

Those little stickers are insidious. I keep finding them on odd garments after cruises even though I think I've got them all off.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Those little stickers are insidious. I keep finding them on odd garments after cruises even though I think I've got them all off.

Agreed. I once had a shirt that I found the laundry tag many, many months later, after putting up with this annoying itch from that shirt 😮

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 8:53 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

And I thought I was bad! I'm a mere novice compared with you. 🤣

On our first cruise I packed so much that a total stranger came up to me in the airport and asked if I had left anything at home ha ha

After 25 cruises I have improved but still bring too much.   The day time stuff in hot weather is the problem as the scent can be a problem so, wash, wash or bring extra.

Shoes are also a problem bring too many

Enjoy your cruise.    So much fun.

I am a light packer. Only 1 formal outfit. Maximum 4 underwear changes (if travelling overland and can’t hang up stuff overnight) . Same deal with tops. Two pair of trousers (light, not jeans). 2 pr socks. 1 set swimmers and cover. 1 gym outfit. I warm jumper. Maybe wet weather gear depending on destination. 4 pr shoes (formal, flats, gym/walking, sandal/walking). I wash every day and don’t care if I’m seen in the same outfit every second day.