Terrible Regent website - am I the only one having problems?

slidebite

When trying to "plan your cruise" on the regent website and looking at suites available (and logged in), I routinely get gateway timeout errors and waits of many minutes even when it does work.

Am I the only person this is happening to? I've tried using private browsing thinking it was a cookie setting but even with separate, completely unrelated PCs I'm having it happen regardless so I don't think it's just me.

How can a luxury cruise line have such a terrible system for clients looking to book/get info on the web? Anyone know of another way to informally see what cabins are available in classes/floors? Calling and getting an agent each time for something so basic does not appeal to me.

I have never been able to see which suites are vacant on the Regent (or Oceania) site - not on the "new" site nor on the old one.  For that I have to ask my TA.

The new site is visually lovely but murder to navigate and not "stable".  I would prefer them to bring back the old one!

Their website is so bad that I am at a rate loss for words. We are in the midst of sorting out some other issues and I literally included the following statement in an email to my travel agent yesterday, “And their website sucks”.

I had a terrible experience with trying to add excursions a couple on nights ago. Nothing worked and I had to fall back on the human service the next day, which was great. My hope is that Regent is taking note of these problems and frustrations and fix the issues. In todays world, customers should expect a functioning, intuitive and performing web interface. Maybe they need to hire some IT folks from Amazon.

27 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

I had a terrible experience with trying to add excursions a couple on nights ago. Nothing worked and I had to fall back on the human service the next day, which was great. My hope is that Regent is taking note of these problems and frustrations and fix the issues. In todays world, customers should expect a functioning, intuitive and performing web interface. Maybe they need to hire some IT folks from Amazon.

I'd say "Amen" BUT you are late to the table. Many of us have been complaining about the Regent website for years. It gets modified; yet, never seems to stay fixed.  It never appears that the site is monitored and maintained from a user perspective. It looks attractive but has significant functional defects. I just tried to determine the remaining cabins on the Splendor inaugural cruise - a tedious, unsuccessful effort!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

I'd say "Amen" BUT you are late to the table. Many of us have been complaining about the Regent website for years.....

Decades.. 😞

J

(Another reason to use an experienced independent Travel Agent.)

• Like 1

It’s definitely the website and not just you. We are booked on first Regent cruise - the TA from Miami to Barcelona April 3rd. I keep having problems logging into my account (the site wants me to create a new account and doesn’t recognize my password - this has happened multiple random times). And then when I am logged in, I have problems checking out with excursions in my cart. I finally was able to successfully add an excursion the other day but then it dropped all the other excursions I had already booked. The Regent rep I spoke with could see all of them but I could only see the latest one. Extremely frustrating!  

Just so you know your not alone.....

And it was supposed to be fixed back then: "... Rest assured we are testing these enhancements and have solicited feedback from various resources in an effort to build a best-in-class website that will take us well into the future. """  Jason O'keefe (link)

J

Edited by JMARINER
add url

On 1/15/2020 at 9:32 PM, slidebite said:

Anyone know of another way to informally see what cabins are available in classes/floors?

Go on the website cruise.com and enter your information on the left hand side... Cruise line, ship and month.  The options will appear and you can select the cruise you want to  view.   Just select your room category e.g. penthouse,  concierge etc.   You will then be given access to all the available rooms.   I agree with you, Regents website is prehistoric!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Go on the website cruise.com and enter your information on the left hand side... Cruise line, ship and month.  The options will appear and you can select the cruise you want to  view.   Just select your room category e.g. penthouse,  concierge etc.   You will then be given access to all the available rooms.   I agree with you, Regents website is prehistoric!

Thanks - that's very helpful I'll try it!

22 hours ago, sierrafloridacruiser said:

It’s definitely the website and not just you. We are booked on first Regent cruise - the TA from Miami to Barcelona April 3rd. I keep having problems logging into my account (the site wants me to create a new account and doesn’t recognize my password - this has happened multiple random times). And then when I am logged in, I have problems checking out with excursions in my cart. I finally was able to successfully add an excursion the other day but then it dropped all the other excursions I had already booked. The Regent rep I spoke with could see all of them but I could only see the latest one. Extremely frustrating!  

That's actually the cruise we're looking at as well. If we do we'll probably run into each other.

It's hard to believe such a high end cruise line can have such an unbelievably unbearable website that wouldn't be accepted in 1996, let alone 2020.

Edited by slidebite

15 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Thank you. Did a mock booking last night on RSSC, what a PITA. 20 mins of my life wasted. Dreading booking excursions.

3 hours ago, slidebite said:

Thanks - that's very helpful I'll try it!

That's actually the cruise we're looking at as well. If we do we'll probably run into each other.

It's hard to believe such a high end cruise line can have such an unbelievably unbearable website that wouldn't be accepted in 1996, let alone 2020.

Frustrating, but they are definitely not the only company. Disney’s cruise line website and even their Disney World website, is very glitchy in my experience. 

We are very excited for the TA! All the ports are new to us and it has lots of sea days, which we enjoy. Hope you book so we can meet on board! 

The Cruise.com website seemed to work great! Thanks again!

4 hours ago, sierrafloridacruiser said:

We are very excited for the TA! All the ports are new to us and it has lots of sea days, which we enjoy. Hope you book so we can meet on board! 

I think we likely will. Just debating on cabin right now, on the fence between a superior and general deluxe. In all fairness, leaning towards the standard G1 or 2 deluxe veranda - the rooms are all just so nice as is. Looks very similar to our concierge on Voyager and the old style Penthouse C on mariner from many, many years ago. Maybe a titch smaller, but still way nicer than most other cruise lines balcony suites.

I'll let you know if we firm it up! Might be looking for Miami hotel advice for the night before! :)

12 hours ago, slidebite said:

The Cruise.com website seemed to work great! Thanks again!

I think we likely will. Just debating on cabin right now, on the fence between a superior and general deluxe. In all fairness, leaning towards the standard G1 or 2 deluxe veranda - the rooms are all just so nice as is. Looks very similar to our concierge on Voyager and the old style Penthouse C on mariner from many, many years ago. Maybe a titch smaller, but still way nicer than most other cruise lines balcony suites.

I'll let you know if we firm it up! Might be looking for Miami hotel advice for the night before! 🙂

i think if you have stayed in a voyager regular cabin and a penthouse on Mariner you will notice the difference in a G on Explorer.  I think the F1 or 2's on Explorer are the nicest cabins with the best value of anything below Penthouse on any ship. I would not consider staying in a G, just a little too small for us. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, slidebite said:

leaning towards the standard G1 or 2 deluxe veranda - the rooms are all just so nice as is. Looks very similar to our concierge on Voyager and the old style Penthouse C on mariner

I agree with @1982CruzStart Kathy's comments.

IMO the D,E & F suites on Explorer are a good size & layout, with plenty of storage and an excellent bathroom.

We have not stayed in a G but they look to be a little too small for us and the extra for an F2 is usually not that great.

If you compare suite sizes (excluding balcony) to those that you have experienced before:

• Mariner PHC: 376 sq ft
  • Voyager Concierge: 306 sq ft
  • Explorer D, E & F: 332 sq ft
  • Explorer G: 253 sq ft