8 day southern on Magic or 7 day eastern on Breeze

dlphn501

WWYD?

I previously asked for opinions on Breeze vs Dream, but I found a different itinerary that I am interested in.

Breeze - 7 night eastern caribbean: Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, 2 sea days

Magic - 8 night southern caribbean: Aruba, Curacao, La Romana, DR, Amber Cove, 3 sea days

Price is within a few bucks of each other, looking at an oceanview guarantee on both.

Magic is a few extra hours drive to Miami (Breeze is PC) which would involve me driving the day before and spending money on a hotel, but since price is the same for an extra day, that's a wash to me based on a per-day rate.

It will be me (female) with my 2 young daughters, 8 and 13, if safety is an issue at any of the ports.  We really, really want to go to Aruba, and the ship is in port all day (9am-11pm), so it seems like a no brainer, but it makes me wonder why the 8-day isn't substantially more money.  Dates are exactly the same.

6 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

I would pick the Magic because 1 it’s longer, 2. Has better ports (IMO), and 3 you get to extend your vacation 1 more day (hotel stay).

I was thinking the southern ports are better too because Grand Turk and Amber Cove are a dime a dozen out of eastern Florida.  I can also hit those up on a shorter, therefore much cheaper, sailing.  

4 hours ago, Theosprey247 said:

I would pick the Magic because 1 it’s longer, 2. Has better ports (IMO), and 3 you get to extend your vacation 1 more day (hotel stay).

And your cruise cabin price per day is lower too if both cruises cost the same.  I'm all about getting the longest cruise possible for the smallest amount of money possible.

• Like 1