B2B San Pedro

LDVinNC

We have booked the 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in April.  We are seriously considering adding on the cruise that precedes that one, which is Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles.  (We live in Florida so this would eliminate one of the transcontinental flights, which we hate!).  So, I have a couple of questions:

1.  Since we will have to change cabins, will they move our stuff for us?  I assume we will have to pack everything up.

2.  Will we have to get off the ship to go through immigration/customs?

3.  Would we be able to leave the port area to have, say, breakfast with family who live there?

Thanks for any help.

2 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

1.  Since we will have to change cabins, will they move our stuff for us?  I assume we will have to pack everything up.

Yes, you pack things in your suitcase, leave clothes on hangers, and they will move it all while you are going back thru customs.

3 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Not sure about San Pedro, but it depends on customs officials and where they want to conduct the customs check.

3 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

3.  Would we be able to leave the port area to have, say, breakfast with family who live there?

They let you in FLL, so I would assume so, you just wouldn't be able to board again until they started the boarding process for all passengers.

Hi,

When we were waiting to board our Panama Canal cruise from San Pedro to FLL there were several folks waiting in the lounge who had been on board for the previous cruise.

You have to get off the ship and wait until boarding starts and then you are the first group allowed back on board.

Yes, you can leave the port area. No one is there to stop you from going where you like once you leave the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

We have booked the 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in April.  We are seriously considering adding on the cruise that precedes that one, which is Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles.  (We live in Florida so this would eliminate one of the transcontinental flights, which we hate!).  So, I have a couple of questions:

Thanks for any help.

Yes you pack your own stuff and they will help you move. 

They have those hotel carts with the rack to hang things on.

This poster in the quoted thread below is currently on consecutive Royal cruises from San Pedro.

The process is detailed well in this thread.

You will receive instructions in your cabin. Fully read them. There will be information if you wish to leave the ship and visit in town. Basically once your stuff is ready to move to your new cabin and disembarkation has begun you can disembark. You have to bring your passports, medallion(s) or cruise cards and your intransit cards with you. You will have to go through immigration. You can return to the ship anytime after general boarding has begun but before the final boarding time. You will have to go through security upon return. You do not have to attend a 2nd muster drill.