Just booked...a few questions

consmarci

I have sailed on Princess several times, but these questions never came up before. I searched for the answers, but no luck, so thank you for any help. 

1. We were given "free specialty restaurant dinner" with our booking and it shows up as 2 29.00 OBC on the princess website. Can we make our reservations precruise and use the credits and am I doing it wrong? It shows me a place to pay with credit card, but I'd like to use the OBC for that purpose.

2. We booked the Best Price Ever package. When does that show up on the princess website and where would I find it just to make sure it was applied?

3. On a 10 day or 15 day cruise, how do I know when the formal nights are for specialty restaurant reservations purposes of planning?

Thank you all for your advice.

Hi

Free dinner - you will be given a time when you get to your cabin.  You can then change it if you need it.

Best Ever - Look in On Board Services at the very bottom and you should see the wi-fi and beverage packages as "comped".  Look under Payments and you will see "pre pay grats" if you open it up it should say already covered.  We have the same package and that is where I found the info for our trip.

Formal nights - we did a 18 night cruise and there were 3 formal nights.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately they don't allow you to utilize the dining credit online...you will have to call the DINE line once you board, or go the the restaurant of choice to make a reservation.  Your credit will be applied as you finish your meal.

-Kara

You can only use OBC pre cruise for excursions.

There will be vouchers in your cabin for the specialty dinners. As stated they may have assigned you a date/time. Just head to the restaurant ASAP and see the Head Waiter to book the time you want.

Your drink promo/formal nights (count) etc can be found listed in the travel summary.

1 hour ago, consmarci said:

We were given "free specialty restaurant dinner" with our booking and it shows up as 2 29.00 OBC on the princess website. Can we make our reservations precruise and use the credits and am I doing it wrong? It shows me a place to pay with credit card, but I'd like to use the OBC for that purpose.

No, if you pre buy online before your cruise, you have to pay in full.

1 hour ago, consmarci said:

We booked the Best Price Ever package. When does that show up on the princess website and where would I find it just to make sure it was applied?

Go to your cruise summary in your booking and the promos applies are there.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You can only use OBC pre cruise for excursions.

There will be vouchers in your cabin for the specialty dinners. As stated they may have assigned you a date/time. Just head to the restaurant ASAP and see the Head Waiter to book the time you want.

Your drink promo/formal nights (count) etc can be found listed in the travel summary.

2 hours ago, consmarci said:

Thank you all! Wonderful information.

Remember: If you don't like the time/day/venue listed on the card in your cabin you can call and change it. They tend to give us a slot in Sabatini's and I change it to Crown Grill and also change the day. Don't dawdle about it as you can find that, if you wait a few days to change the info the day and time you want may not be available - especially if you are changing it to one of the formal nights.

4 hours ago, consmarci said:

3. On a 10 day or 15 day cruise, how do I know when the formal nights are for specialty restaurant reservations purposes of planning?

The daily newsletter, the Princess Patter, will be in your cabin when you arrive.  The embarkation day issue will include the entire itinerary (ports and port times) plus a notation as to which days are formal.  Since you won't be making your specialty reservation until on board you will have the necessary info in hand.  If for some reason that information isn't in the Patter, just ask when you call the DINE (reservation) line; they know which nights are formal.