Luggage Tags

loving goldens

For my March 14 cruise on Equinox (50 days out) I received an e-mail with cruise documents and when looked at reservation the Order Luggage Tags button was active so I ordered.

BTW, I also had a Flight By Celebrity booked also, but had called in and had them ticket the airline about a month ago. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

We're currently 47 days out and they're not available yet. In the past it's never been before 45 days. We always use a TA. We have no flights connected with this cruise.  eDocs become available 30 days prior, but tags have been available for order at the 45 day mark. I wonder if suites get the availability earlier.

4 hours ago, loving goldens said:

Just wondering how far out from your cruise are your luggage tags available... thank you...  🙂

As mentioned, it is usually 45 days before the start of your cruise.  Could be a few days earlier  as was the case with us this year..  And we are not sailing in a suite.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

As usual Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.   My Documents and ability to order Luggage Tags are available at 55 days out.   Also this is a AQ not Suite booking.

Mine in Aqua that's 47 days out shows as Docs not available and when I go the Before You Board the Luggage tag button in still inactive. Yes, they're consistently inconsistent. (I always use an Incognito window when doing anything on the X website). Did you book direct or use (or transfer to) a TA? The TA we use generally doesn't have the docs available until 30 days, but they are available on the website usually at 45 (sometimes 46).

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Mine in Aqua that's 47 days out shows as Docs not available and when I go the Before You Board the Luggage tag button in still inactive. Yes, they're consistently inconsistent. (I always use an Incognito window when doing anything on the X website). Did you book direct or use (or transfer to) a TA? The TA we use generally doesn't have the docs available until 30 days, but they are available on the website usually at 45 (sometimes 46).

The first one that I received the documents via e-mail was my Zenith free cruise so was booked directly with Celebrity. 

The second which is part of b2b2b was a re-booking of an onboard booking for 2021 that I had transferred to a TA (I hope this makes sense).    On this one, I don't need luggage tags. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with the 3rd.  

16 minutes ago, njsweetie said:

I requested mine online about the 45 day mark and they were mailed to me quickly. On the subject of luggage tags, how important is It to buy the plastic tag holders I see sold on Amazon? Or are the tags themselves sturdy enough?

You don't need it for Celebrity. They have the tags that stick together - no issues and work fine. I would not suggest putting them on until you are heading the port.

On Princess, they provide you a paper version and I print them out and laminate them or some people use the holders.

Happy Sailing!!🛳️ 

23 minutes ago, njsweetie said:

I requested mine online about the 45 day mark and they were mailed to me quickly. On the subject of luggage tags, how important is It to buy the plastic tag holders I see sold on Amazon? Or are the tags themselves sturdy enough?

The self-stick ones that are mailed are sturdy enough on their own. If you are using the print yourself ones then of course they need re-enforcement or the plastic tag holders.