Almost Emerald Question

56 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Nope.  Emerald is a fairly useless level.  Not even sure why it exists.

It exists in order to prolong the trip to Diamond while still making you feel like you are making progress up the ranks.

• Like 3

Your question has already been answered but we were in same situation as you.  Wife and I are 2 points away from Emerald and have a 7 day cruise booked in November.  Started looking for a cheap 3-4 day cruise to take before then so we were Emerald for the 7 day.  Wife inquired if it was worth it and of course being the wise ass I am I told her it would get us a free bottle of water.  Little did I know at the time, that actually is all it would give us, hahahaha.

Live 1-2 hours away from all the ports in Florida so still keeping an eye open for a great deal, but not gonna go out of my way just to get Emerald.

As HBE4 says, any excuse to take a cruise is good.  Not worth it for Emerald, but progresses you toward Diamond.  Some short cruises are pretty cheap, especially on the older/smaller ships, and you can get a junior suite for the price of some ship interior cabins.  We did a B2B 5 day on Vision in a JS and picked up 20 points.

8 hours ago, LeeW said:

As HBE4 says, any excuse to take a cruise is good.  Not worth it for Emerald, but progresses you toward Diamond.  Some short cruises are pretty cheap, especially on the older/smaller ships, and you can get a junior suite for the price of some ship interior cabins.  We did a B2B 5 day on Vision in a JS and picked up 20 points.

That is exactly what my wife and  did (5 days in GS) on Adventure. Pretty inexpensive in relation to GS on Oasis class