Dock schedule accuracy

mozfoz

I suggest they stay in Rome for a day or two at least -- assuming there are reasons why they cannot do so.  (Like a job to be at the next day.)  Between the transfer time between the port and the airport, let alone security, etc., 8am to 10:30 does NOT work.

Besides, how bad could it be to stay in Rome for some time?  Unless ... as I said ... there are reasons why OP needs to get home immediately.  But we virtually always have planned on staying on for a few days in embarkation and departure ports.  They usually are worth seeing as well.

We're retired now so time isn't a problem (other than paying more for the cat sitter) ... but even when we were working we were able to work out extra time.  We were lucky in that respect ... I know that not everyone who is still working has that freedom.

The 10:30 flight will open check in at 7:30 so you are already behind the eight ball.

Check to see when luggage cut off is for your airline.

And what if the flight has a schedule change to your detriment?

International flight from FCO are generally quite a hike from check in and some even involve a bus from the terminal, and once again not near the front door.

Either fly out on another day or book a connecting flight with a reasonable connection time.

It's HIGHLY unlikely you would make a 10:30 flight.

Having said all that I just looked back to my last departure there and it was an 11:15am flight. This was booked by Oceania. My private transport was scheduled for 7:15 so I imagine we got there at 7 or before. 

10 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Let me the 100th person here to tell you - forget about it. It won’t happen.

I so agree with you Paul. It is a disaster and I know from experience so long ago! 
I had no choice had to get back to my practice and the rest is history!!! Never, never again! We stay over in the city we disembark for several days prior to going home. Now retired it is so much more relaxing!

Denise😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mozfoz said:

I got it. Thank you all.

My advice would be to reserve at the FCO Airport Hilton for one night.  They offer free transportation into Rome all day, and in the a.m. there is a walking bridge directly from the Hilton to the terminal!  We've done this each time we've departed for home after a cruise, that is, if we haven't planned a post cruise stay in Rome for 3-4 days.