Allure Proposal

vision14k

Proposing on Allure in 2 days!

Haven't really planned much, was just going to do it during dinner at a specialty restaurant on formal night or something like that. 

Any other suggestions for better places on Allure?  

Was hoping I may be able to slide a photographer some $$$ to capture the moment for me!  I already bought the photo package.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, vision14k said:

Proposing on Allure in 2 days!

Haven't really planned much, was just going to do it during dinner at a specialty restaurant on formal night or something like that. 

Any other suggestions for better places on Allure?  

Was hoping I may be able to slide a photographer some $$$ to capture the moment for me!  I already bought the photo package.

Congratulations!  Why don't you do it when you are getting your pictures taken.  You can pick your background and just do it.   Then, take her to dinner at one of the specialty restaurant's.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Congratulations!  Why don't you do it when you are getting your pictures taken.  You can pick your background and just do it.   Then, take her to dinner at one of the specialty restaurant's.  

This is a good suggestion.  Step away from the room while she’s getting ready and let the photographer know in advance what’s up and to take a ton of pics to capture everything, including her candid reaction. When you head down, you can say “let’s get our picture taken” as if everything is normal.  The photog will be able to capture everything, which will be awesome for you and her to see.  Then, celebrate the engagement at the specialty restaurant.  With advance notice, I feel like a loyalty ambassador or someone at guest services may be able to arrange for you to have a photog just happen to be where you want him/her to be at the time you want him/ her to be there if you want the picture taken with a better backdrop and less of a crowd.  Congratulations to you and I hope you have a wonderful night!

• Like 1

Congratulations!

Don't know if you prefer it private or public...

* Have her do the zipline.  Be on the other side as she lands in your arms and ask the question.

* Deck 5, the jogging/walking track that goes around the ship...very back/aft of the ship...stunning views.

* Sit next to each other on the Carousel...while on a horse...pop the question.

* Place the ring in a small box...place it inside one of the golf holes...let her putt out and find the box...

* At check-in, arranged for the person to call your fiance "Mrs"....she'll be confused...then drop down on your knees...

* If you want a very public announcement...consider arranging something with the cruise director.

* This may be difficult to do...but if it was up to m...during the show, I would have one of the divers at the aqua theater hand me the ring...then her sitting next to me, I would pop the question.

Note: You can easily have this event memorialized by simply asking one of the photographers know your plan...a video would be nice as well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lovelife said:

Central Park would be lovely.  And congrats!!  Be sure and post some pics when you return.

I have seen wandering photographers in Central Park. If you ask I am sure they would tell you when they are scheduled. Then you can ride the rising tide bar in celebration. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

* Have her do the zipline.  Be on the other side as she lands in your arms and ask the question...

I don't think that would be allowed for safety reasons. There is a staff member at the other end and you have to be fully committed to stick the landing on the platform. A partner waiting would be a huge distraction and probably a no-go, for liability reasons as well.

My husband proposed to me on stage before the Love and Marriage game show. He arranged it with Abe the cruise director at the time (2009). Abe pretended he pulled my name to win a bottle of champagne and called me on stage. It was captured on video and aired over and over throughout the cruise. We were like celebrities on that cruise with everyone congratulating us!  It was an unforgettable proposal for sure!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sweet Carolina Girl said:

My husband proposed to me on stage before the Love and Marriage game show. He arranged it with Abe the cruise director at the time (2009). Abe pretended he pulled my name to win a bottle of champagne and called me on stage. It was captured on video and aired over and over throughout the cruise. We were like celebrities on that cruise with everyone congratulating us!  It was an unforgettable proposal for sure!

Hey, I've seen that on a cruise, but I've never been on Mariner so it must have been another couple!  It was cool to see.

• Like 1