Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)

LittleFish1976

17 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Dont see this. They cant remain solvent with half full ships unless the double the price

We, like many others, would be happy to pay so we may have the vacation we want, on a line we wish, and by doing so we will assist in preserving Cunard for the future.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Agreed. I am willing to pay more as evidenced by my booking Cunard instead of Princess for the first time to get away from the people who wear sweat shirts on formal night. It is just not very special anymore on Princess. Never a fan of his mass marketing in a race to the lowest price.Prince should just abolish the dress code because most dont follow it.

Sorry... But how are people re-booking and changing their trips? 

I have not called Cunard so as not to add pressure to the phone lines... So how are other people doing it? 

Travel Agents? 

Does anyone know, if we take the 125% FCC and don't use it all on a single rebooked cruise, do we get  a voucher for the remaining  balance to be used within X amount of time?  Does the whole FCC have to burned up in one booking session across one or more cruises?  Thanks for any advice.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Does anyone know, if we take the 125% FCC and don't use it all on a single rebooked cruise, do we get  a voucher for the remaining  balance to be used within X amount of time?  Does the whole FCC have to burned up in one booking session across one or more cruises?  Thanks for any advice.

No, it does not... You can use it to book more than one sailing. 

I am not sure about the expiry situation or any remaining credit that is left thought. 

I know what I want to book, and its slightly less than my original trip, so I will have the extra 25% plus a little more to use on something else at a later date. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T5LHR said:

Sorry... But how are people re-booking and changing their trips? 

I have not called Cunard so as not to add pressure to the phone lines... So how are other people doing it? 

Travel Agents? 

Email to one's Cunard PCS asking for them to call.  They call when free.  All completed during the call.

Simples....

9 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Travel agent by email and phone. Done in one day. 

No Travel Agent involved for us, all via our Cunard PCS (he supports us like a Concierge) and satisfactory completed in a couple of hours.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

So now I anticipate that we will receive an email from Cunard sometime this coming week regarding the cancellation of our June QM2 crossing.  On the recommendation of our TA we will opt for a refund and hope and pray that we will be able to sail on the QM2 sometime in the future.  This makes me sad.

Travel agent will issue a refund that you will acquire in terms of a 90 day period. This is maximum they can do. Moreover, the sum of the refund will not include VAT, deposit costs and insurance. + they can discharge some of the additional payments you made (purchased tickets to the show, excursions and etc). So be aware that you refund wont be as full as you expect. Maybe it sounds better to keep with some sort of a vaucher on a future cruise.. just saying 

Regarding our booking we understood that we could move our money held by Cunard to a lesser priced cruise and even more than one cruise. To be certain that we understood what the offer was, I patiently(very patiently) phoned Cunard Southampton. The adviser told me that we could allocate the money to either another cruise or more than one cruise BUT  as they hold a deposit(final balance not paid yet) we MUST spend at least the same amount as per our original booking. This would not normally be a problem but the full cost of cruise booked is approx £65,000. We are very wary of cruising now so do we throw away the £11,000 deposit Cunard have. If we dont pay the final balance of £54,000 then we will lose £11,000. This would not be a problem if the cruise was a lower value. It seems that we have a gun to our heads as Cunard insist we have to spend £65,000 with them. Genuine HELP! 

14 minutes ago, Trevor33 said:

Regarding our booking we understood that we could move our money held by Cunard to a lesser priced cruise and even more than one cruise. To be certain that we understood what the offer was, I patiently(very patiently) phoned Cunard Southampton. The adviser told me that we could allocate the money to either another cruise or more than one cruise BUT  as they hold a deposit(final balance not paid yet) we MUST spend at least the same amount as per our original booking. This would not normally be a problem but the full cost of cruise booked is approx £65,000. We are very wary of cruising now so do we throw away the £11,000 deposit Cunard have. If we dont pay the final balance of £54,000 then we will lose £11,000. This would not be a problem if the cruise was a lower value. It seems that we have a gun to our heads as Cunard insist we have to spend £65,000 with them. Genuine HELP! 

Not having trawled through the whole of this thread, forgive me if I’m off beam here as I might not fully understand the issues involved, but have you tried asking if they will split your deposit over two cruises? We had a similar problem a few years back and we were allowed to split the deposit over two cruises as long as the bookings were made  at the same time and the value of the two cruises was greater than the original booking. We managed it. 

Times might have changed, especially in these straightened times for cruise lines but if you don’t ask, you certainly won’t get.

3 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Not having trawled through the whole of this thread, forgive me if I’m off beam here as I might not fully understand the issues involved, but have you tried asking if they will split your deposit over two cruises? We had a similar problem a few years back and we were allowed to split the deposit over two cruises as long as the bookings were made  at the same time and the value of the two cruises was greater than the original booking. We managed it. 

Times might have changed, especially in these straightened times for cruise lines but if you don’t ask, you certainly won’t get.

Thank you for your reply. Yes Cunard say we can split the deposit over one or more cruises but the overall value of anything we rebook has to add up to the full amount of our original fare namely £65,000. We have a full world cruise booked for next January but our big concern is that many ports may not be open hence less appeal if ports substituted if for example whole countries we wanted to visit are cancelled.

8 minutes ago, Trevor33 said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes Cunard say we can split the deposit over one or more cruises but the overall value of anything we rebook has to add up to the full amount of our original fare namely £65,000. We have a full world cruise booked for next January but our big concern is that many ports may not be open hence less appeal if ports substituted if for example whole countries we wanted to visit are cancelled.

Ours was a similar amount and we too were reluctant to lose the deposit.

Q2 on one and another in a  Q3 solved the issue.😊

Edited by Victoria2

Our balance for our 10th of July cruise was due to be paid on the 11th of April.

On the 10th of April, I called to cancel and request a FCC. To date, I haven't received any email acknowledgment as indicated and I can still access the Voyage Personaliser. I'll try again tomorrow as I assume they'll have minimum numbers working today.

What was anyone else's experience re cancelling?

37 minutes ago, Csardas said:

Our balance for our 10th of July cruise was due to be paid on the 11th of April.

On the 10th of April, I called to cancel and request a FCC. To date, I haven't received any email acknowledgment as indicated and I can still access the Voyage Personaliser. I'll try again tomorrow as I assume they'll have minimum numbers working today.

No problem at all, but then we go through an agent and don’t deal wit Cunard direct.

53 minutes ago, Csardas said:

All sailings until August have been removed from Cunard's website, so I assume your cruise has been cancelled anyway.

14 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Email to one's Cunard PCS asking for them to call.  They call when free.  All completed during the call.

Simples....

Ok... Thanks. My PCS appears not to work there any more. I got an undeliverable message back from trying to contact her when it all started, and since then not been able to speak with anyone. 😕 

Yes the person I was in contact with seems to no longer be there as eventually got through to Cunard as was important but they were unable to locate my original contact or the extension. The lady I spoke with was very helpful but told me different answers to my first contact. I know they are busy but now 49 days on and have heard nothing. I am beginning to wonder if they are shutting up shop ? Do they expect us to just come running back as soon as they open for business again? Carnival Corporation is a massive business and should be allocating resources - Perhaps the CEO of the Carnival Corporation could repay some of the monies owed to passengers from his $6.8 million  Bonus, .........he also had a $1.5 million dollar salary as well!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Trevor33 said:

Yes the person I was in contact with seems to no longer be there as eventually got through to Cunard as was important but they were unable to locate my original contact or the extension. The lady I spoke with was very helpful but told me different answers to my first contact. I know they are busy but now 49 days on and have heard nothing. I am beginning to wonder if they are shutting up shop ? Do they expect us to just come running back as soon as they open for business again? Carnival Corporation is a massive business and should be allocating resources - Perhaps the CEO of the Carnival Corporation could repay some of the monies owed to passengers from his $6.8 million  Bonus, .........he also had a $1.5 million dollar salary as well!

I may try calling tomorrow... I did not want to add to the pressure, however, I would prefer to have my chosen sailing booked again so I at least have something to look forward to. This one in May was for my 40th, so will just have to celebrate 12 months later instead. 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, T5LHR said:

I may try calling tomorrow... I did not want to add to the pressure, however, I would prefer to have my chosen sailing booked again so I at least have something to look forward to. This one in May was for my 40th, so will just have to celebrate 12 months later instead. 🙂

Hi T5LHR,

That is why we saw what was coming and postponed our sailing on the 4th of July till the same time next year.

My DW asked me while we were on with the TA what I wanted to do and my answer was to re-book next 6/30/2021.

Same reason as you, to have something to look forward too! Year later, about 444 days now, but something to look forward too!

To each of us, Bon Voyage!

Oh by the way........Happy 40th! I had one about 25+ years ago..

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Hi T5LHR,

That is why we saw what was coming and postponed our sailing on the 4th of July till the same time next year.

My DW asked me while we were on with the TA what I wanted to do and my answer was to re-book next 6/30/2021.

Same reason as you, to have something to look forward too! Year later, about 444 days now, but something to look forward too!

To each of us, Bon Voyage!

Oh by the way........Happy 40th! I had one about 25+ years ago..

Thats what I am doing. Live in California so now I have a year to look at flights and where else I might want to  go after the cruise. Thinking of Austria but not sure what the best way would be to get there from Southampton .a nice train trip would be good if,possible or reasonable. 

last time we spent some time in Winchester and loved it. 

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Thats what I am doing. Live in California so now I have a year to look at flights and where else I might want to  go after the cruise. Thinking of Austria but not sure what the best way would be to get there from Southampton .a nice train trip would be good if,possible or reasonable. 

last time we spent some time in Winchester and loved it. 

Perhaps you could pick up the Orient Express from London or Paris and travel  to Verona or further and catch a flight. It would give you a night on the train and take you closer to your destination. Excellent food and fun for all.