Celebrity Elite to C&A Diamond

After having to “postpone” our Asia cruise this month, we decided on a last minute Royal sailing. We have never sailed on Royal till now. Anyone else surprised at the difference in recognition and benefits from Celebrity’s Captains Club Elite to Diamond? Not the same benefit structure that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, StarboardPropeller said:

After having to “postpone” our Asia cruise this month, we decided on a last minute Royal sailing. We have never sailed on Royal till now. Anyone else surprised at the difference in recognition and benefits from Celebrity’s Captains Club Elite to Diamond? Not the same benefit structure that’s for sure. 

Why would I be surprised. Two different cruiselines, two different loyalty Programms, why would I be surprised About differences?🤔 Actually I expect them to be different.

3 hours ago, StarboardPropeller said:

We have met many first time RCI cruisers from Celebrity in the Diamond lounge that have raved about the RCI Diamond level being better than Celebrity's. I've never heard it the other way around..

(We like cruising Celebrity however....)

T

We did both as Diamonds and Elites and like each for different reasons.

1) You will loose Elite breakfast with Bloody Mary, Mimosa, Bellinis and other stuff, but you will have 3.5 hours of HH instead of 2, but you might find lounges a bit crowded as you only have 3 drinks from bars outside of Diamond Lounge. You have access to lounge and specialty coffees available whole day

2) You don’t have free dry cleaned item and bag of laundry, but 1 picture 8-10” per member

Overall Celebrity offers more refined experience, but Royal has much better entertainment, better and much cheaper internet. 
We like both a lot and out of 8 lines we sail(ed) with they now our top preferred lines.

Edited by Tatka
  • Thanks 1

We love both Celebrity and RCCL.  Just the few things we notice...

With Celebrity, we love having the mimosas and bellinis for breakfast.

Elites also get the free laundry...you have to be D+ on RCCL to get the free wash & fold.

Happy Hour on Celebrity is only 2 hours, typically from 5-7pm...but you can have unlimited drinks at any bar.

No Diamond Lounges on Celebrity...so no coffee machine.  We love cappuccinos, so we miss that machine when sailing with Celebrity. 

During happy hour on Celebrity, (designated lounge is usually the Sky Lounge), servers walk around and serve petit fours or hors d'oeuvres (sp)...so it's always fresh.

No free photos or 3 coins "Spin to Lose" on Celebrity.

Not really much of a difference in the bigger scheme of things.  We love both.

• Like 1

“Happy Hour on Celebrity is only 2 hours, typically from 5-7pm...but you can have unlimited drinks at any bar.” 
Celebrity put 3 drinks on your card For Happy Hour 

i prefer Celebrity perks over RCL 

No. On Celebrity drinks are unlimited in almost all bars. On Summit one bar (World?) was not included.

10 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

It goes both ways.  I am Pinnacle on RC and only Select on Celebrity.    That is just the way they do it.

You should be Elite on Celebrity, since you're Pinnacle ("more than Diamond"...) on RC.

Just ask at the Captain's Club for the match.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:38 AM, little britain said:

RCI diamond gives better perks than X Elite imho. 
3.5 hours of cocktails versus 2 hours  on X for starters...

For me it's the 7pm end time as I like to eat at 8 at the earliest, om RCI I often go to happy hour at 7.☺️

13 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

We spent 28 days on the Infinity in October and it was just 3 drinks on the card 

We had unlimited everywhere.

What about Sky Lounge? Were drinks unlimited there?

Did you have extremely high number of Elites and higher?

Edited by Tatka

22 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

We spent 28 days on the Infinity in October and it was just 3 drinks on the card 

When Celebrity first implemented the drinks at any bar for Elite during happy hour, they initially limited it to 3. I believe last October was in that time frame. Celebrity quickly changed that to unlimited drinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

When Celebrity first implemented the drinks at any bar for Elite during happy hour, they initially limited it to 3. I believe last October was in that time frame. Celebrity quickly changed that to unlimited drinks.

Was on Millennium in June of 2019 and it was unlimited at any bar.

The free internet minutes on Celebrity are FAR better for "me", I like having 90 minutes to use when I want during the entire cruise and NOT a 24 hour block.  

• Like 1