Stock Holders Credit - I'm still confused

Jim_Iain

11 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Jesus... when was this? RCL trades at $113 as of today. 😮

I believe this was around 2008 when we purchased at $16, and it steadily took a nose dive when my wife said we should buy more.  We just let it ride and I stopped following it.  We still get dividends and OBC.    🍷

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

We purchased 100 shares when it was $16, then it went down to $5, and my said we should buy some more.  I told her she was crazy -- what does she know?  😉🍷

I'd love to sit with your wife and commiserate. I tried to talk Hubby into buying Apple stock in 1996. He was sure that Apple was on the way out.

• Thanks 1

Just sent in a request for $100US OBC for my 12 day cruise in April and 10 day cruise in May 2020. Fingers crossed hoping the request is approved and soon.  Does Celebrity/RCCL send an email confirming approval or do I have to keep checking on my cruises to see if the OBC shows on there? The last time I cruised Celebrity was April 2019 and just remember it being frustrating, especially when I compare it with the process for Princess cruises.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mytravellove said:

Just sent in a request for $100US OBC for my 12 day cruise in April and 10 day cruise in May 2020. Fingers crossed hoping the request is approved and soon.  Does Celebrity/RCCL send an email confirming approval or do I have to keep checking on my cruises to see if the OBC shows on there? The last time I cruised Celebrity was April 2019 and just remember it being frustrating, especially when I compare it with the process for Princess cruises.

Princess credited my cruises within a day.

HAL I am not sure if I got it or not.  Nothing back.

I am waiting to find out on Celebrity which I submitted over a week ago.  I resubmitted online this weekend.

Edited by NMTraveller

8 minutes ago, Mytravellove said:

As long as you booked June 2019 or later you should get it.

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I am waiting to find out on Celebrity which I submitted over a week ago.  I resubmitted online this weekend.

Thanks for letting me that they could take over a week to reply.  I'll just give them till end of next week before I start calling them.

I just called a number i found on a RCL investor page.  I was asking about stock being combined with military discounts.  She put me on hold for awhile came back and said YES it is combinable as long as booked after Jun 2019.

We are getting ready to buy some stock and see how it goes.  It is now down to $91.12 a share.

We do have Princess stock and have never had problems combining military, FCC etc.  Hope Celebrity does the same.

5 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

I just called a number i found on a RCL investor page.  I was asking about stock being combined with military discounts.  She put me on hold for awhile came back and said YES it is combinable as long as booked after Jun 2019.

We are getting ready to buy some stock and see how it goes.  It is now down to $91.12 a share.

We do have Princess stock and have never had problems combining military, FCC etc.  Hope Celebrity does the same.

I'm not sure I would buy the stock just to use the shareholder OBC benefit.  It seems it is now combinable on both Celebrity and Royal with other perks if booked after 1 June 2019.  We bought way back when it was $16 and you could combine with everything.  If you have an extra $9K hanging around and doing nothing, go for it.  It's now down to around $89.  You might want to consider holding off until they get this virus thingy straightened out as RCL is taking a big hit on Asian cruises.  🍷

On 2/18/2020 at 10:08 PM, NMTraveller said:

Princess credited my cruises within a day.

HAL I am not sure if I got it or not.  Nothing back.

look at your cruise on line and se what it shows for your OBC.  I got it credited but never received a notice from them

18 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

look at your cruise on line and se what it shows for your OBC.  I got it credited but never received a notice from them

I checked this weekend and nothing.  I just checked now and my $250 OBC is there.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 6:18 PM, Fly and Sail said:

I also purchase at 13.00 back in 1996.   I accidentally bought 200 shares instead of 100 but never regretted.   It has paid really good dividends and paid for itself in early days for OBC.   Glad to see I am again being able to use it. 

On 2/14/2020 at 9:18 PM, Fly and Sail said:

I too had purchased when it was down to $14.50 a share. When it went down to $5 my husband wanted to purchase 1000 more shares. I talked him out of it. Biggest mistake ever. We ended up selling when stock reached $100 a share.  He never lets me forget this. 

On 2/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, Mytravellove said:

I found my online.  I tried booking an excursion and the credit showed up and I could use it towards the excursion cost.

Edited by NMTraveller

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

I too had purchased when it was down to $14.50 a share. When it went down to $5 my husband wanted to purchase 1000 more shares. I talked him out of it. Biggest mistake ever. We ended up selling when stock reached $100 a share.  He never lets me forget this. 

I purchased at $16, and when it went down to $5, my wife said we should purchase more.  I said, hell no.  What does she know.  😏 🍷

51 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I purchased at $16, and when it went down to $5, my wife said we should purchase more.  I said, hell no.  What does she know.  😏 🍷

About as much as I did when I unsuccessfully tried to talk Hubby into buying Apple stock in 1996? 

23 hours ago, MamaFej said:

About as much as I did when I unsuccessfully tried to talk Hubby into buying Apple stock in 1996? 

Or when I decided $85 was too expensive for Google Stock at IPO in 2017.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

I got my revised invoice with the $100 shareholder credit this evening 2 days after I applied for it on the web. Too bad over the last few days the stock decreased about 50 points. Fortunately we bought it years ago at about $40/share.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:12 PM, Jim_Iain said:
  • $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights.
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.
  • Applicable on any eligible Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara sailings. (excludes any charter or Galapagos sailings)

How much stock must one own in order to qualify for a benefit?  With stock prices now in the $80 range (as of yesterday), it may soon be time to buy.